Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Looking for students at Quinnipiac or Willamette  (Read 517 times)

angie

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for students at Quinnipiac or Willamette
« on: March 03, 2005, 10:04:26 AM »
Hello All,

I am a prospective 1L at Quinnipiac and Willamette.  I have not been able to visit either campus yet and am trying to get information/student opinions on the quality of life at each place, general astmosphere, things you like, things you hate.

I got a big scholarship offer at Quinnipiac but I am nervous about it being a small school. I realize Willamette is also a small school but it seems to be in a more metropolitan area.

If anybody can share any thing with me, I sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks!
Angie

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for students at Quinnipiac or Willamette
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 11:22:42 AM »
Hi Angie,

;D
I got excited when i saw Willamette in your post!  I am a first year at Willamette right now.  I think it's a great school...better than I expected.  I had really wanted to go to Lewis & Clark, where I was waitlisted, and then didn't get in...but I got into Willamette...Have you actually applied/been accepted yet?  If so, here's a little hint: If they didn't offer you a scholarship, write them an appeal letter (just a short letter explaining why you think you deserve a scholarship).  That's what I did, and they ended up giving me some money (contingent on maintaining a certain gpa). 

I don't know anything about the other school you mentioned...or even where it is...but I'll tell you all you want to know about Willamette...just send me an email at seeknothing@yahoo.com, that way I don't have to take up a bunch of room on this post to tell you.

Carrie

Duner

• MSN Messenger - jkorduner@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LSUConnMan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jkorduner
    • View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
Re: Looking for students at Quinnipiac or Willamette
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 12:45:47 AM »
A good friend of mine graduated from quinnipiac law last year. he doesn't really have an opinion of the school itself either way. he pretty much went there b/c they were the ones who accepted him. his sister went to uconn law, and the one thing he did say, was quinnipiac's classes copied uconn's classes, books, approach,etc...for whatever that's worth. finally, he failed the bar and still is unemployed over a year after graduation.