Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: hello?  (Read 10811 times)

yk84

• MSN Messenger - ykim552002@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: hello?
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 05:27:13 PM »
hi! what's the academic environment like (i.e. students, professors, etc)? do most students stay in nj? does r-c have a good regional rep. in regards to finding employment in the tri-state area (i.e. ny)? also, how's the environment outside of the school?  is it as dangerous as pple say it is?

thanks so much :)

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 06:04:43 PM »
The students are about average.  They are pretty bright.  The competitivness is not too bad.  Most of the students I have talked w/ a pretty down to earth, but still pretty bright.  The profs are too Lieter ranked RU-C faculty as in top 40 in the nation
(#35 I think).  The area is bad, but you'll never see it.  When your on campus, esp. during the day, it's perfectly safe.  So are the streets right around it.  It's a depressing city but there is RARELY a problem w/ students, there is security everywhere. 

yk84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 10:10:37 AM »
thanks for the info rulaw25! so do classes start right off the bat...as in 1st day of class is an actual class, where there is no cushy orientation by the profs?

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 10:22:17 AM »
Depends on the professor.  I had some that spent the 1st class on introduction material and some that spent half the class on intro. and half on actual "class material" (a case or 2 usually).  If you start in the summer, the classes are a little longer so there will be time for an intro. and you may begin to get into the material, but prob. not too intense the 1st day.  Look for you 1st day aasign ment on their website in May.  RU actually has a brief summer orientation b/f class starts. 

yk84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 12:10:55 PM »
did you do anything to prepare beforehand? given that it's april, probably cant do much...but just wondering.  are you living currently on or off-campus?

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 07:52:16 PM »
Just relax the week or 2 you have b/f class begins.  There will be enough to do once you start.  I actually live off-campus.  I wouldn't recommend the dorms.  I know some people there that say it's okay, but would rather live off campus.  It's basically a commutor campus, so it's pretty dead on weekends and at night.  Look for apts. in the Victor ($$), or in Collingswood (parkview, etc.) Haddon Twp., Haddonfield, Cherry Hill.  Prices are not bad and you're only 5 to 20 mins. from campus.

yk84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 09:10:15 PM »
thanks. last question, i promise! what the recruiting/employment scene like?

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 12:04:40 PM »
The employment/recruiting schene is very good here, I'll give then that.  It places very well in the Tri-state area (and CA for some reason.  A good amount of students here are from CA).  NJ, NY, PA, & DE all recruit here.  Almost every 1L has a job this summer (judge, gov., or firm, etc.).  Also in terms of clerkships upon grad., RU-C is 2nd in country (under Yale) for placing its grads in judicial clerkships (over 40%).  So, you won't have a problem finding a job from here.  Startin salary is pretty good too!

SillyMia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2005, 12:43:52 AM »
hi sillymia...are you gonna attend r-c?

I'm Back!!!  I want to, just trying to figure out the logistics right now.

yk84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 12:48:01 AM »
thanks for the info rulaw25!!!!!!