Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many x did you take the LSAT?  (Read 1132 times)

Kelly

• I love the LSAT!!!
    • View Profile
How many x did you take the LSAT?
« on: March 01, 2005, 09:48:29 PM »
I'd like to hear from the people that took the LSAT more than once?  What did you score each time?

and most importantly, what did you do differently the second time around?

Kelly

• I love the LSAT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How many x did you take the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »
ANYONE?

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 02:44:32 PM »
I am guessing that not many here took it more then once.

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 07:35:28 PM »
Uh..... once is PLENTY!

yk84

• MSN Messenger - ykim552002@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 09:51:43 PM »
144(oct), 156 (dec)

give yourself enough time to understand and to ABSORB the lsat material (if ur taking a prep course). taking the exam in oct was pretty stressful, so i would recommend taking the exam in feb or june.

the first time i took it i was so nervous and had difficulty concentrating on the exam, but the second time around,i was more relax.  in fact, one guy in my room passed out during section 3, BUT i did not let that bother me. 

hope this helps, lemme know if you need more info

Kelly

• I love the LSAT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 12:35:20 PM »
Why doesn LSAC and all the law schools I've spoken to say that one only improves by 2 or 3 points??  I've heard of stories that people improve like 10 points or so.  Bur why does LSAC  that 2 or 3 points has been the proven increase?

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »
I believe that LSAC must have to overall average of all LSAT takers, they have the statistical data so if they say 2 or 3 is average, then it's probably correct.

That said, I think people that take a prep course in between or really sit down and figure what they did wrong, can incease significantly. But if you just take it and say, let me try again, and don't really prep or figure what your weaknesses are, you will probably just stay the same or increase those 2 or 3 points just because you are familiar with the test or conditions of the test.

Remember that people on this board or any other may not be telling the truth.  I don't really see any reason not to since it is anonymous, but you never know, especially boards like xoxo and sometimes on the pre law side also, dog on people that are sub 160, or 165.

Kelly

• I love the LSAT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 07:33:30 PM »
That's a great improvement.  I think I'm more than certain going to have to re-take the LSAT.

I just don't know what I should do second time around! :-\

144(oct), 156 (dec)

give yourself enough time to understand and to ABSORB the lsat material (if ur taking a prep course). taking the exam in oct was pretty stressful, so i would recommend taking the exam in feb or june.

the first time i took it i was so nervous and had difficulty concentrating on the exam, but the second time around,i was more relax.  in fact, one guy in my room passed out during section 3, BUT i did not let that bother me. 

hope this helps, lemme know if you need more info

yk84

• MSN Messenger - ykim552002@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 07:44:27 PM »
well i burnt myself out the first time by taking too many practice tests. even though taking preptests is the best way to improve your score, don't overdo it. also, i definitely concentrated more on my timing and skipping around with questions. you should definitely take it easy a week before the exam. if you're planning to take the exam in the same location that is also a huge and comforting advantage. 

i think you're probably aware of your strengths and weaknesses, but don't forget to work on your strengths!! 

good luck  ;)

Kelly

• I love the LSAT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 08:24:41 PM »
Thank you! :D