Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many hours SHOULD one study first year?  (Read 1408 times)

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
How many hours SHOULD one study first year?
« on: March 01, 2005, 09:38:37 PM »
Hi-

I know there was a thread on "how many hours do you study" but I'd like to know what everyone would advise for a first year law student?

For each class, can you advise?

Thanks all! :D

joe

• View Profile
Re: How many hours SHOULD one study first year?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 09:53:21 PM »
I would say 3-5 hours a day.

jla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:25:29 PM »
The answer to this question is highly subjective to the individual and the school.  The information obtained from current law students at a particular school would be much more valid.  If possible, it would be best to ask students at the school you are interested in who are performing well and who have similar academic abilities as yourself.
-My  two widow's mites that are worth their weight in air.

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 12:39:52 PM »
Uhh, okay.

The answer to this question is highly subjective to the individual and the school.  The information obtained from current law students at a particular school would be much more valid.  If possible, it would be best to ask students at the school you are interested in who are performing well and who have similar academic abilities as yourself.

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 03:10:22 PM »
yes, it would be interesting to know how some of the law students of the more prestigious schools manage their time, including boating, skiing, golfing, soccer, nightclubbing, dating, parties, and occasionally studying, yet somehow manage to graduate with honors.

"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »
well they probably got into those law schools on more then just their good looks.  perhaps people who are naturally brilliant don't need to study as hard as the rest of the schmucks

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 07:08:12 PM »
Don't forget lacrosse, horse back riding and polo! :D

yes, it would be interesting to know how some of the law students of the more prestigious schools manage their time, including boating, skiing, golfing, soccer, nightclubbing, dating, parties, and occasionally studying, yet somehow manage to graduate with honors.