Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: property  (Read 1067 times)

Floridagirl80

• View Profile
    • Email
property
« on: February 24, 2005, 09:03:39 AM »
Does anyone know of a good supplement for property? E & E isnt that great:(

Dean Prosser

• View Profile
Re: property
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 09:50:57 AM »
If you are using Dukeminier, honestly, the book itself is awesome (for a casebook).  I use that with Gilbert to supplement, but usually my professor likes to pick out little things in the cases not covered in Gilbert, or other commercial outlines (which again, makes the casebook so good).  E&E is not all that good, but it helps indeed, read it after you cover it in class and you will understand the lecture better! 

Something else which may help you is Moynihan "Introduction to the Law of Real Property" which covers Future Interests thoroughly. 

Floridagirl80

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »
Thanks for the help:) yeah were on rule of perpetuities now. Our casebook is Modern Property law (bruce and Ely) not too bad, havent tried Gilberts...But also any CD's helpful you know of as well?

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 12:12:45 PM »
The Lexis book (the "Understanding" series) is good for property.  I forget the author's name . . . maybe Sprankling or something like that?

FSUTimmy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 02:29:23 AM »
For Property 1 I used the Understanding Series book by Lexus.  I actually read the whole thing in the first week of class, and just skimmed it the rest of the semester.  I also used the E and E book, but will admit it sucks to learn from (however it is great to use for answers on a test).

I would go with the Understanding book.  It is written clearly and covers everything you need to know.  The only drawback is it has no problems to test yourself on like E and E.