Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gonzaga vs other law schools  (Read 1758 times)

stangjunky77

• MSN Messenger - gohuskersfan@msn.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - stangjunky77@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gonzaga vs other law schools
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 09:15:54 PM »
Thank you for all this information.

I want to live and work in the Puget Sound area when law school is complete. 

I really got inspired by the Gonzaga catalog.  I have been admitted but with no $.  I have sent a letter requesting that they look at the possibility of some assistance.

I have been accepted to U of Montana, also with no $, but the costs to attend is almost $9K less.  I believe U of MT is ranked higher than Gonzaga.

Between the two schools, what are your thoughts?  I am interested in Real Estate & Property and Taxation.  I don't want to work for a huge firm, and don't anticipate making huge $.   

I am a non-traditional, older student.
personally i have have lived in spokane for like 20 years and actually like the town ok, besides the horrible economy and beyond horrible streets. But i worked in the missoula area for 2 years so i know that area also.

If it were me i would go to U of M. it seems like they're alum are widespread throughout both the east and west of washington. some of it depends on your religious beliefs also as GU is catholic. As for the the town of missoula it is quite nice for a small town with a booming downtown, little traffic, and it is much cheaper to live their. even though it is small its large for montana thus u have large shops and such. it seems like U of M is well respected over in the puget sound area as where GU is thought of as 3rd to U of Seattle and U of WA.
hopefully this helps.
also if u want to be puget sound area did u apply to U of Seattle? if not why?
UGPA 3.51 (3.74) LSAT (none)

Bhoutros

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 11:57:58 PM »
Thanks stangjunky77!

I did apply at Seattle U - they are my 1st choice.  I am deferred there.  I have to make seat deposits soon, that's why my choice (at the moment is U of MT and Gonzaga).  I don't expect I'll hear anything from Seattle U until at least June and I am guessing there will be no $ there either.  :-[

The wrench in the works is Hamline in St. Paul.  They have offered me 1/2 tuition and I have a free place to live in Minneapolis.  I guess I am trying to decide the value of going to a school in the region I know I want to live/work.  I have some $ saved so I won't have to borrow everything, but if I go anywhere other than Hamline I will have to have some loans.

I really appreciate the advice and comments.

stangjunky77

• MSN Messenger - gohuskersfan@msn.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - stangjunky77@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 02:36:53 AM »
Thanks stangjunky77!

I did apply at Seattle U - they are my 1st choice.  I am deferred there.  I have to make seat deposits soon, that's why my choice (at the moment is U of MT and Gonzaga).  I don't expect I'll hear anything from Seattle U until at least June and I am guessing there will be no $ there either.  :-[

The wrench in the works is Hamline in St. Paul.  They have offered me 1/2 tuition and I have a free place to live in Minneapolis.  I guess I am trying to decide the value of going to a school in the region I know I want to live/work.  I have some $ saved so I won't have to borrow everything, but if I go anywhere other than Hamline I will have to have some loans.

I really appreciate the advice and comments.
the pacific northwest seems to be a tightnit place to me. so if i were u id look at like this. i can spend (borrow) some money now and make more money later. or i could go to min. and have to start networking all over again. just my .02
UGPA 3.51 (3.74) LSAT (none)