Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many 1L's on this board will try out for Law Review this Spring?  (Read 3406 times)

zilla

• View Profile
Re: How many 1L's on this board will try out for Law Review this Spring?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 10:06:10 AM »
my advice: write on if you don't grade on. My school's law review is almost all grade on. We have a writing competition, and I think many people just don't take advantage of that method of joining. There have been years that our law review could have picked more write-ons, but didn't take as many as planned because the pool of applicants was small. Had a few more people entered a quality product, they would have been invited to join. Usually the write on process will span a week or two of your time. The payoff makes that time worthwhile.
Law review can be a lot of work, and the hours spent with your Blue Book can be oppressive, but overall, I found the experience to be the very best thing I did in law school. Employers definetly look for law review on the resume, but more importantly, you will learn to research at a level far beyond what most students learn from their legal writing courses. You will be an expert at citation form, and your writing will improve dramatically.