Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Good Supplement for Civ Pro?  (Read 1449 times)

sandycane

• View Profile
Good Supplement for Civ Pro?
« on: February 17, 2005, 04:27:42 PM »
Civ. Pro. is even worse this semester than it was last semester, which I didn't think was possible.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate a recommendation for a good supplement other than Examples & Explanations which I already have.

I just have hard time getting my head around all of these rules!

Thanks!

Floridagirl80

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Good Supplement for Civ Pro?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 08:09:10 PM »
You have to get e-z Rules!!! Its a hard book to get, but its awesome breaks down the rules for you step by step! I promise you!

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 08:44:02 PM »
E-Z Rules is great.  It definitely saved me last semester.  If you want something that breaks down the concepts, try Examples and Explanations.  It's recognized as the BEST supplement for Civ Pro.  I used it last semester and I agree completely. 

The practice problems are especially good prep.  You're likely to be tempted not to write out the answers to the practice problems, but I think you will get more out of it if you try to at least outline the answers, especially those for SJ and other important concepts.

FSUTimmy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 02:50:20 AM »
You can't beat E and E.  However, EZ Rules has some mistakes in it (I can't remember where off the top of my head).  I used the Student's Guide to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure by West.  It is expensive, but it is very good.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 01:11:49 PM »
Yes, the EZ Rules book is really good...Also, if you know anyone (maybe upperclass people) who have the PMBR CD-Rom lectures...i actually found the Civ Pro one extremely helpful...

Do you have any specific problems in Civ Pro that are really troubling you that one of us might be able to help with?

I did pretty well in that class, and I'm sure there are others on here who did to.

xrayspec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 09:36:01 PM »
Glannon Examples & Explanations = excellent

squarre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 01:05:40 AM »
The Gilbert Law School Legend Tapes are very helpful.  They are a bit expensive but to me seem worth it.