Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Review  (Read 8178 times)

JD2MBGAY

• View Profile
Re: Dating while in law school
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 03:21:53 PM »
To be honest probably not very much, maybe just a little.  Luckily for me I always have had an easy time with the ladies so I do not need to mention any of my degrees, etc to spark their interest.

I find this incredibly hard to believe - what is your technique?

"Hello lady, I have noticed that I posses an insatiable urge to sniff week-old undergarmets.  I am happy about this!  I wish there were more MBAs attending Top Law Schools who also enjoyed talking about activities that make us feel an emotion that is not sadness.  Today I stuck my thumb up my butt!  Comments?"

C-BASS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 05:23:58 PM »
By rage all night I meant party.

By the way, the generally accepted sexual peak for women is in the 35-40 age range.   

C-BASS

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »
Im talking about partying, I guess you missed the focal point of the discussion two times in a row now somehow.   

breadboy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2005, 07:46:19 PM »

Why do so many of the girls in law school get mad when they find out about me (or other guys) dating undergrad girls. 

Maybe they should realize that we are not looking for a wife and just want to have a good time.

Dating undergrad girls means less gossip to worry about and less commitment.

A girl’s education is great, but it will still not make up for her being ugly.

I am tired of "educated" girls in med school, law school, etc thinking they should be desirable to men just because of their degree.

Guys like beauty, everything else is secondary.

You sir sound like a great catch.

JD2MBGAY

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2005, 09:55:10 PM »

Why do so many of the girls in law school get mad when they find out about me (or other guys) dating undergrad girls. 

Maybe they should realize that we are not looking for a wife and just want to have a good time.

Dating undergrad girls means less gossip to worry about and less commitment.

A girl’s education is great, but it will still not make up for her being ugly.

I am tired of "educated" girls in med school, law school, etc thinking they should be desirable to men just because of their degree.

Guys like beauty, everything else is secondary.

You sir sound like a great catch.

dude, don't buy into his BS, everything this guy says is a "talking point" for his blog.  He wants you to be so intrigued by his take on the world that you will click over there and check out his financial analysis of chinese NASDAQ portals.  Total Troll.

menses

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 10:39:17 PM »
Why is there so much gossip in Law School? It reminds me way to much of High School with lockers and gossip every day. 

LOL! It's exactly like that! I guess it's the competition that makes people a s s h o l e s!

Lanya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2005, 08:10:02 AM »
Does being a law student really increase your chances with hot undergrads?  It seems as though that is a premise in this thread.

Here's the answer of one current undergraduate: yes and no...

On the one hand, yes, girls tend to be more attracted to guys that seem mature, disciplined, goal-oriented and headed for wealth & success.  In this regard, law school guys have an initial advantage.

On the other hand, there seems to be a major difference in availability of free time between law school students and undergraduates.  Undergraduate girls, even those serious about studies, tend to party more, have more extracurricular activities and a bigger social lives than most law students.  This becomes a problem in dating because the girl wants the guy to spend as much time with her as she has.  When he can't, someone in the relationship may eventually becomes very frustrated, and they break up.  I've encountered examples of this.

I am not saying that relationships between undergrad girls and LS guys can't work - this problem of differences in free time can be resolved; especially if the people really like each other, are willing to compromise and work on it.  However, I do want to point out that - unlike what some people have been saying earlier in this post - undergraduate girls will hardly provide the low maintenance "easy fix" casual relationships that some law school guys are dreaming of.  This is particularly true if the girl is actually "hot": she will have a number of different guys vying for her attention, and if you're not around too much or can't give her the amount of courship she wants, she's likely move on to someone else who can.  Of course, you can compromise your study time, but it's probably hardly worth it.  Especially, when there are law school girls around, who are in the same boat as you are, and, on average, will probably be more understanding of your busy time schedule.

C-BASS

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2005, 08:55:16 AM »
Sorry but there are plenty of undergrad girls who have no problem getting tangled up in mutually casual low-maintenance relationships. That is the definition of 99% of relationships in college, it certainly doesn't change when you enter in one law student and take out one undergrad in the equation. Obviously this kind of relationship never succeeds in the long term, one side will start liking the other side too much and if things don't click like that from both ends the relationship will end. Then you move on to the next one and continue doing so until you get to know someone that you end up truely interested in and you advance the relationship from there. Anyways, the main point here again being that there are a million opportunities for casual relationships, they just don't last forever. Unless ofcourse you are a dirt bag who is capable of being fully ignorant to the fact that continuing the casual relationship past the expiration date will result in stringing along the girl right into the mud. Then you can make it last seemingly indefinitely sometimes.

Lanya

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2005, 04:34:30 PM »
Sorry but there are plenty of undergrad girls who have no problem getting tangled up in mutually casual low-maintenance relationships. That is the definition of 99% of relationships in college.

Really, 99% casual and low maintenance?  :o

Well, your undergrad experience really differs from mine then.  I agree that in any social circle there'll be girls willing to settle for little in terms of relationships, but it's usually not the hottest girls in the group, and 99% really seems like an over estimation.  Perhaps you define "casual" and "low maintenance" in such broad terms that it applies almost to anyone? However, in that case, there shouldn't be much difference overall between dating law school girls and undergraduates in the first place.

Anyway, among my friends/acquaintances, I have known of three relationships between law guys and undergraduate girls that started but didn't work out all pretty much because of the afore mentioned reasons.  If someone has had contrary experience, it would be interesting to hear of it...

C-BASS

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2005, 07:50:14 PM »
    I don't think 99% is the most over-exaggerated statistic ever guessed.  Anyone who went to college can attest to how difficult it is to find someone you really care about. All the time not spent with someone you're willing to be in a relationship with is out trying different flings out with different people and having fun in general. I would consider just about any fling a low maintence casual relationship, likewise a dime a dozen and the statement that 99% of relationships in college are just that.
    There is no difference between what girls go through at varying levels of "hotness". Hotter girls go through the same trials and tribulations as less hot girls its just with equally hot guys. It's not any easier for them to sift through all the scum bags then it is for less hot girls. They go through the exact same sifting process that the rest of the world goes through on the road to finding the right person. That includes all the low maintence casual relationships that goes along with the waiting. 
    I have seen and experienced plenty of FWB relationships that work out with undergrads.