Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Review  (Read 8267 times)

jdmba2007

• View Profile
    • JD/MBA blog
Law Review
« on: February 13, 2005, 06:00:49 PM »
Moot Court

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dating while in law school
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 07:26:23 PM »
Well, someone asked for comments.

The big secret is that 'Wild Jack Maverick' is really an unmarried, non-traditional, undergrad female who wants to go to law school, and hence I am very qualified to answer this. I want to go to law school to get a law degree, not to have a good time, and not to get a man who is getting a law degree.

Occasionally, I look at the online dating services. It doesn't matter what age the men are, all of them are looking for women with whom to 'have fun', a 'good time', etc. Basically, the personality of the male of the human species does not change much between the ages of 6 to 60.

Meanwhile, the women are looking for men with whom to get married, build investments and a home, raise a family (or some other playful man's children). Basically, sensible women want men who have money.

Now, for the clincher. "Guys like beauty, everything else is secondary." Since I have already lived through several years of 'appreciation of beauty', it is a great relief to now also enjoy 'appreciation of intelligence and knowledge.' However, I also find that as I gain more education, the men seem much more stupid.

But I guess that experience only comes with maturity.
"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

jdmba2007

• View Profile
    • JD/MBA blog
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 07:54:38 PM »
sorry about the "Guys like beauty, everything else is secondary." comment. yes I do require beauty but I also require a girl to be smart, honest, outgoing, funny, etc.  Of course I care about the other traits. All I was saying is that even if you have ALL the other traits the most we could ever be is friends if you are not physically attractive.  I do have ugly friends who I like for many reasons... but I would never date them.

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:32:17 AM »
sorry about the "Guys like beauty, everything else is secondary." comment. yes I do require beauty but I also require a girl to be smart, honest, outgoing, funny, etc. 

That is okay. It is understood that men are more easily visually stimulated.
 FYI my social skills are not 'outgoing' since my work and studies are high priority, and I usually laugh mostly at myself. I am also probably about the same age as your mother. Ah, well.

As a more educated and professional lady, I find myself attracted to the 'white collar' group--which could include lawyers, executives or federal agents. (Sometimes, discerning the difference between them is a little difficult.)

By the way, I am considering the topic of the International Trade Balance for my macro-econ paper. Any other suggestions?
"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

mitchme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 07:37:20 PM »
I'm female, 33, single, will be in law school this fall and intend to hook up for fun.  I think a lot of guys find me attractive but I find most of them dumb.  Must be smart, good looking, fun, sexy, great in bed, good kisser, and not too heavy on the commitment.  Not a loser or a walking STD ad.  The hook-up potential is important in my selection of a law school, I'm not ashamed to write.

Floridagirl80

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 11:40:29 AM »
I was dating someone in another section, we broke up over text messaging  :-[

jdmba2007

• View Profile
    • JD/MBA blog
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 05:37:42 PM »
I'm female, 33, single, will be in law school this fall and intend to hook up for fun.  I think a lot of guys find me attractive but I find most of them dumb.  Must be smart, good looking, fun, sexy, great in bed, good kisser, and not too heavy on the commitment.  Not a loser or a walking STD ad.  The hook-up potential is important in my selection of a law school, I'm not ashamed to write.

I hope you come to my school.  Especially if you are as hot as you sound:)

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 09:29:50 PM »
LOL :D

This is comedy.

jdmba, I'm hearin ya loud and clear on the undergrad tip.  No disrespect to the ladies in law school, but that's too close to home.  I've been approached and propositioned by 3 girls in my law school and have successfully avoided getting involved with any of them up to this point.  And they're all 3 attractive, which makes it very difficult because I see them everyday. But that's just the problem...you see the people in your school EVERYDAY, 24 hours  a day 7 days a week.  There is no room for error like in undergrad.  You could date somebody on campus in undergrad, and if things didn't work out, hey, you move on and you may not see that person again until the next big party (depending on the size of your college).  Law School, not possible. 

Let me back up...

FIRST OF ALL you don't have time to be worrying about relationship issues in law school anyway.  That's fact #1.  Fact #2 is that word spreads through law school faster than a T3 connection.  You don't want that kind of attention if things should happen to go sour with another law student.  Fact #3 is that if you have the luxury of an undergrad campus attached to your law school, those students will be out of the loop of the law school, respect the fact that you are busy, and will generally require very little maintenance. Plus they get to brag that they're dating a law student to their other undergrad friends and make themselves feel special. Its a win-win.

This is not to suggest that married couples cannot meet in law school, but those are few and far between.  The exception, not the rule.

Your primary concern in law school is to get the best grades you can.  Clingy and needy relationships will get in the way of that.  You can call that fact #4.

Some of my female classmates I notice had alterior motives upon coming to law school.  Some of them, quite frankly, are here to get their M.R.S. degree along with the J.D.  I actually ran across two of my female classmates in the library one day who were depressed and complaining about the fact that they had not been able to find a boyfriend yet in our class.   ???

- No Comment.
Burning Sands

jdmba2007

• View Profile
    • JD/MBA blog
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 10:09:36 PM »
LOL :D

This is comedy.

jdmba, I'm hearin ya loud and clear on the undergrad tip.  No disrespect to the ladies in law school, but that's too close to home.  I've been approached and propositioned by 3 girls in my law school and have successfully avoided getting involved with any of them up to this point.  And they're all 3 attractive, which makes it very difficult because I see them everyday. But that's just the problem...you see the people in your school EVERYDAY, 24 hours  a day 7 days a week.  There is no room for error like in undergrad.  You could date somebody on campus in undergrad, and if things didn't work out, hey, you move on and you may not see that person again until the next big party (depending on the size of your college).  Law School, not possible. 

Let me back up...

FIRST OF ALL you don't have time to be worrying about relationship issues in law school anyway.  That's fact #1.  Fact #2 is that word spreads through law school faster than a T3 connection.  You don't want that kind of attention if things should happen to go sour with another law student.  Fact #3 is that if you have the luxury of an undergrad campus attached to your law school, those students will be out of the loop of the law school, respect the fact that you are busy, and will generally require very little maintenance. Plus they get to brag that they're dating a law student to their other undergrad friends and make themselves feel special. Its a win-win.

This is not to suggest that married couples cannot meet in law school, but those are few and far between.  The exception, not the rule.

Your primary concern in law school is to get the best grades you can.  Clingy and needy relationships will get in the way of that.  You can call that fact #4.

Some of my female classmates I notice had alterior motives upon coming to law school.  Some of them, quite frankly, are here to get their M.R.S. degree along with the J.D.  I actually ran across two of my female classmates in the library one day who were depressed and complaining about the fact that they had not been able to find a boyfriend yet in our class.   ???

- No Comment.

well spoken. this is exactly why I am going to slow down on attending law school parties and concentrate on doing well in school and picking up hot undergrad women this semester.

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 02:58:18 PM »
Really, I'm busy.

"Silence [is] the unbearable repartee."  —Alexander Theroux