Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fatigue  (Read 1569 times)

SLJ0720

• View Profile
Fatigue
« on: February 11, 2005, 08:27:05 PM »
Has anyone had any problems with fatigue?  If so, have you found a solution?  I get really tired each day at around late afternoon and it affects my concentration.  Then finally I start to get over it and can focus again.  Any suggestions?  Does exercise really work?

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 02:41:09 AM »
You need about 8 hours of sleep, excercise does work,I suggest that second, then a proper diet (your sugar might be crashing). If all that fails, you might wonder if you are depressed.

bhvexille

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 09:40:40 AM »
Take power naps, they really work.

Read this article "Power Nap" Prevents Burnout" by the NIH: http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jul2002/nimh-02.htm

And learn how to power nap here: http://www.dreamdoctor.com/better/improve/nap.shtml

Best of luck!

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 07:11:52 PM »
Get some exercise.

I was falling asleep every afternoon last year right over my books and sleeping until late afternoon on Saturdays.  This year I'm going to school earler (getting there by 8 for my 10am class instead of sleeping in until 9:40).  I do a lot of work while I'm fresh and get out of the school between three and four most days to go exercise.  Am now jogging 5 days a week for about 40 minutes.  I meet a friend to run with Sat and Sun mornings and go straight to the library from there if I need to work on the weekend.  I'm so much more energized.  Once I get back from running I'm awake again.  I also get to bed earlier, because I'm understandably tired by 10 or so.  It seems counterintuitive, but being more active has had a huge benefit- I'm more alert and I'm less cranky.

SLJ0720

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 11:59:21 PM »
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 

egfmba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 10:10:07 AM »
The Zone Diet really balances your sugar and you never feel fatigued or tired unless you're ready to go to bed.  It's really amazing.  I wish I had the time to really devote to it, but you can take it meal by meal, and once you learn how to balance your meals you can do it anywhere, so I'd recommend that.  Good luck!
We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible. - Allan Massie