Law School Discussion

FL Bar Exam Application Hotline # ?

FL Bar Exam Application Hotline # ?
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:28:07 AM »
Does anyone here know if the FL Bar Exam application has a hotline # for applicants who need clarification on answering a particular question?

I recently went through some personal issues and am not sure if those apply to a question on the application.  I first contacted the office's main line (that's listed on the website), but it was a technical question and the lady on the other line some half asleep and totally disinterested.  Is there anywhere that I can anonymously discuss a personal issue and whether it applies to a question on the application?  Thanks.

Re: FL Bar Exam Application Hotline # ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 12:15:55 PM »
I'm a FL bar applicant, and I'm not familiar with a hotline--of course, that doesn't mean there isn't one.  When I was filling out my application, I sought advice from a professor at my school.  Maybe that would be an option for you if you can't get the answer directly from the FL Bd of Bar Examiners.  Best of luck, I know for some of those questions it's tough to know exactly what they want you to tell them. 

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
Re: FL Bar Exam Application Hotline # ?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 07:40:57 AM »
I had the same problem with the FL bar when I called.  I had a question about whether something should go on the app., and I was told that they couldn't tell me and I should ask my professor.  I asked if there was go-to person on campus for this, and was told no.  None of my professors specialize in the area I had a question about...  I thought it was pretty poor that there is not someone there who can answer basic questions.

My advice (and what I am doing) is if in doubt, put it on there.  If it doesn't belong, they will ignore it.  If it belongs, you are covered and won't get in trouble for withholding info.