Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2008  (Read 8748 times)

OscarD

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2008
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 12:19:51 PM »
Grubesac. . .
Sweet to know someone else who will living in the tower. When do you move in? I'm moving in on August 4th.

Grubesac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 03:28:40 PM »
I'm trying to get it all straightened out, but I should be in sometime around the 1st of August. I'm looking forward to working my ass off. I can't wait to get out of this job I'm in right now and to do some real work at improving myself and others.

Here's to a bright future...not in corporate America....

Here here.

OscarD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 11:19:32 PM »
Here Here!! :D

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 11:16:44 AM »
I just got in off the waitlist for Hastings yesterday (yay)
My questions- who is living in the tower? I am so torn, I don't want to live in it if it is as bad as everyone seems to imply, but I do want to live with lots of other law students...
So, who's been to see it? What is it really like? How many of you are living there? Those who aren't, where are you living??

Grubesac

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 07:55:37 PM »
hey stud cakes, can you still actually get into the tower? I'm in on the fourteenth floor overlooking the bay....:)Its close to campus, has built in study/recreation space/convenience. I want nothing more my 1L especially comming from minnesota. Convenience, convenience, convenience. Yeah, it probably sucks. You can find a nicer place farther away for less money. My room is 397 sq ft for 915 a month. When it comes down to it, you have a room. You aren't goint to have that much time your 1l to puruse your neighborhood anyway. Thats my 2 cents.

E Dog

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 03:01:43 PM »
when i called the tower office last week i was told there was a waiting list for 1 bedrooms, but thus far only one person was on it, so if i put my name down (and sent in a non-refundable $300 check) I would be the next person and very likely get a place...
I think I have decided not to because I'm scared of the neighborhood, plus scared to sign a school year lease without seeing the place (which I can't do before I sign because I'm not coming out until Aug 12)
So I'm subletting until Sept. 1 when hopefully I'll have found a place and signed a lease (advice on doing this greatly appreciated)  :)