Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ~~ RANT ~~  (Read 865 times)

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
~~ RANT ~~
« on: February 08, 2005, 01:13:57 PM »
I really hate this place.  Nearly everyone here is a stuck up snob.  I've tried being postive, tried smiling...everyone is the same.  Black, White, Latino, Asian...jerks...snobs...most of them are unattractive too!  LOL!

And there is this guy, Mr. REYNOLDS (don't care if he sees this) that talks in EVERY CLASS!  He did it last semester, and he's doing it again this semester.  Could someone please tell him to shut up for a change and give someone else a chance to speak?  Sometimes he doesn't even raise his hand, he just starts talking! 

Someone please rescue me...SOS. 

Whitney

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ RANT ~~
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 02:30:36 PM »
Gunners.... what can you do with them? Anyway, feel better now?

onehandedreader

• Sr. Citizen
  • Balzac, Jaws of Death
    • View Profile
    • how real can one keep it?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 03:17:45 PM »
so why don't you do something about it?  if this guy's not only being rude, but wasting class time that you are paying out the ass for, pull him aside outside of class and let him know that the teacher has office hours?  last semester's gunner hasn't spoken this semester, so it obviously works with some people. 

i don't mind the gunners that much, because at least they're keeping me from getting called on, but i do get pissed when it sounds like someone is talking in class just because they like the sound of their own voice, or want people to think they know more. what really bothers me is when someone gets called on, takes a second to either think or flip a few pages to figure out the answer, and a dozen hands shoot up around the room.  let people work the answer out, and let the teacher go where he wants with the discussion.  quit wasting my time and money.  if you know the answer, congratulations, you don't need to talk.  class discussion is for people who are trying to figure out what's going on, not for people who want to show off for the teacher.  anonymous grading, assholes.
www.antihumanity.com
how real can one keep it?

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:24:08 PM »
Just realized that my reputation has considerably decreased...REYNOLDS, are you on here???

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »
Reynolds is what we refer to as a "Tenured Speaker".  He doesn't need to raise his hand anymore and you can't fire him.
Burning Sands

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 06:57:09 PM »
Reynolds is what we refer to as a "Tenured Speaker".  He doesn't need to raise his hand anymore and you can't fire him.

LOL, that's great.
One of our tenured speakers gets so antsy she has interupted several professors.  One of my profs has become so fed up with her he actually started mocking her gunner behavior to the entire class at least once a day.  Of course this has not put a cramp in her style... but at least it is good for a few laughs.