Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best School for Students Who Hate Law School?  (Read 2628 times)

sambassoon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best School for Students Who Hate Law School?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 04:18:25 PM »
Check out UT if you want to go in to law and phil.  They have a JD/PhD program in that area.  Here is a link to Brian Leiter's blog, the head of the phil/law program: http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/2004/03/does_any_school.html

lawschoolfeind

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 01:45:02 PM »
Don't know about your rankings, but if you have the numbers I'd definitely say shoot for Yale...I've heard absolutely nothing but good things about it.  The atmosphere is very laid back and non competitive, and the students are extremely friendly.  It's not at all uncommon to see professors having lunch with students.  I also heard that they're really big on the philosophy of the law.

I don't know about their transfer policy or how difficult it would be to transfer, but if you can it's a great choice, and you won't have to sacrifice prestige.

olemisslaw2005

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 12:37:48 PM »
I also hate law school. Luckily, Ole Miss is one of the easiest law schools in the country and is perfect if you don't care about biglaw. The students are friendly, the faculty is laid-back and very approachable, and this a great small college town. I show up for class, sit through class and play on the internet (I am posting this from class) and go home. I study for about 2 weeks at the end of the semester and make at least a B in everything. Out of state tuition here is a bargain, and after a year you will pay in-state tuition, which is only about 7500 a year. Honestly, this is the perfect place for a law school slacker or someone who just hates law school. I don't know what they offer in the way of scholarships fo transfers, but I'm sure they have something.

Additionally, the cost of living in Oxford is almost nothing. You can rent a nice house for 700 bucks a month and an apartment for 500.