Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ENTERING CLASS OF 2005-2006  (Read 13704 times)

I65Stang

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ENTERING CLASS OF 2005-2006
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 09:20:26 PM »
Sounds good to me, I'm not yet sure if I'll be able to make it or not though.

gemesq

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 07:33:34 PM »
I didn't get any responses to the pub night, so I think I am going to cancel.  If anybody still wants to get together I guess we can do it another time!
"Oh, I'm sorry, you must have been absent the day they taught law at law school..." Tom Cruise, A Few Good Men

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 03:23:21 PM »
Sure, I need to meet more people from the class. When and where? I am in A section
Attending: University of the Pacific-McGeorge

pacificmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 11:24:07 PM »
i'm in section c and would like to meet up.

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 01:05:18 AM »
I live in Davis and do not know much about Sacramento. Can somebody else recommend a place?

pacificmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 01:38:01 AM »
My wife and I only moved here about a month or so ago, so we don't really know any place yet...there have got to be some locals that know a good place...let's hear from you guys.

indentured thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 03:04:56 AM »
Meet up on the river. It's dirty, smelly, and brown, but one of the biggest attractions Sacramento lays claim to. Quite telling.

For most conventional river dining, google bomb Chevy's, Woody's, or Crawdad's. They're all on Garden Hwy off Interstate 5. These are the places where most of the productive commiserating takes place amongst those that enjoy quaffing sauce. If you guys are feeling somewhat spendy, look up the Rusty Duck. Same thing, but more cozy (read fireplaces) and better food.

If "crass and touristy" is what you guys want, check out Joe's Crab Shack. It's in Old Sacramento and the wait staff sings and dances to really dumb songs. It's annoying.

As for the grid (localspeak for the downtown/midtown pattern of streetmapping), the number of uber-trendy 1000 drink/500 sq.ft. bars and restaurants are too many to number. All depends on if you like to be seen by other people that like to be seen. Strange symbiosis going on there.

However...if I had to pick ONE place, both appropriate in ambiance and function, I would choose my beloved Pine Cove. Perfect for a potentially loud and enthusiastic table, with a relaxed staff and cheap drinks. It's not quite a dive, but close. Free popcorn and a killer jukebox. Go there, be humbled, and press forward with your legal education comfortable in knowing that you've discovered just the place to plot your future takeover of the planet.

http://sacramento.citysearch.com/profile/1247186/sacramento_ca/pine_cove_tavern.html

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 05:23:58 PM »
Who is up for a trip to the Pine Cove Tavern? We can talk over how bad the first week has been, or how great it has been.

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 07:25:23 PM »
Sure, Saturday, Say 7pm?
Anyone else?

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2005, 02:09:56 PM »
Since there is vey little interest in a trip to the Pine Cove, I am going to go to Galligers Irish Pub at 8pm. Other McGeorge students are going to be there and it might be ok. If it is lame, we can always bail to somewhere else nearby.

Event: 1st Year Welcome Party
Notes: The party will be at Galliger's on 12th and K. It's going to be a fun time and a great way to meet people! The #1 students from the day and evening programs will be there to answer any questions you have! So, come unwind and celebrate the completion of your first week of law school!!!!! 
Start time: Saturday, August 20, 2005 8:00 p.m. PDT