Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can anyone explain Tier1, Tier2, etc...And is it really relevant?  (Read 2046 times)

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can anyone explain Tier1, Tier2, etc...And is it really relevant?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 06:34:39 PM »
Hurley, you f-ing moron-
Read my post. Everything I typed is directly relevant to the OP's response to me. Now explain where I cut and pasted direct responses to specific claims from.

I know you're a failure in life and didn't get into law school, but surely not even you are that stupid.

Have fun topping out at 35 grand per year in your bad non-law job.

HTH.

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 08:43:39 PM »
First of all, for someone who doesn't even go to law school- you have balls to voice your 2 cents.

First, I am a law student, probably at a better school than you. Eat *&^%.

A LAW STUDENT, WHERE? IN YOUR DREAMS? NIGHTMARES? WHERE?

Second, correcting your factual error regarding USNews is not my “2 cents,” it is a statement of fact.

WHERE DID YOU GET THE "FACT" FROM?  INSIDE YOUR WARPED HEAD?

Third, I doubt you are a law student, but if you are it is obvious you attend a rancid TTT.

I ATTEND COOLEY.  YOU KNOW, THE SCHOOL THAT REJECTED YOU?

USNews is bull put out by liberals.  Ever noticed some conservative schools making the top?  Not much. 

Read the methodology on the USNews site- the rankings are not due to liberalism.

THE METHODOLOGY??  OH, THAT'S A GOOD ONE.

Second, have you ever heard of the Univ. of Chicago? It’s number 5 (I think) and is well-known as being a conservative school.

YOU THINK OR YOU KNOW FOR A FACT?  AS YOU'VE HOPEFULLY REALIZED, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU "THINK."

Third, there simply are not many conservative schools, and the ones that are conservative are usually TTTs. Sorry that the Univ. of Mississippi isn’t going to beat out Harvard anytime soon.

Next time why don’t you attempt to make an educated argument instead of relying on some unfounded, ridiculous theory about a liberal conspiracy.

I'M SURPRISED THAT'S COMING FROM A DIE-HARD CONSERVATIVE LIKE YOURSELF.  DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT YOU COME FROM A VERY CONSERVATIVE FAMILY?

Also, Yale & Harvard always fluctuate.  Think (try not to think too hard) about this Downy- they have to rotate Yale & Harvard otherwise their stupid magazine will look the same every year & no one would buy it.[/b]

This is just wrong. Do some f**cking research before you open your stupid face again. Yale has been above Harvard for at least the last 5 years.

Also, your claim that rotating Harvard and Yale is key to getting people to buy the magazine is simply asinine. This degree of stupidity warrants no response.

I'M SORRY IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS.  BUT YOU DO NOW.

Hey, I know someone who cut his male private part off and it grew back- clearly, from this one isolated anomaly, it is now certain that humans can regenerate.

WAS THIS YOU?

See how stupid you make yourself look when you apply statistically insignificant hearsay against general trends supporting by empirical data?

DOWNY, MY SON- YOU SHOULD CAPITALIZE ON HOW STUPID YOU ARE.

Employers are always concerned sure- about the GMAT, MCAT and all these little entrance exams.  In the end, it comes down to the person not the school their mommy & daddy got them in.

Actually, employers DO NOT really care about the LSAT. They care about your class rank and the school you attend. Do some research on legal jobs before you spew more asinine bull.

Second, many people get into good schools without “mommy and daddy.” I know it must sting to attend a TTT like you do, but that doesn’t mean EVERYONE who goes to a better school than you got in illegitimately.

POOR DOWNY.  THAT MUST BE A BIG ROCK YOUR UNDER.  YOU DON'T REALLY LIVE A SHELTERED LIFE, DO YOU?

Third, how do “mommy and daddy” even get someone into law school? Unless you’re stupid enough to think most T1 students donate millions to the school, I think you will be hard pressed to refute LSAT and GPA as barometers of admissions decisions by law schools.

Just in case you don’t believe that schools actually look at LSAT scores and GPA, feel free to go to www.lsac.org, which has data on all the schools. I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume you’ve never heard of that site.

WHAT WAS THAT SITE AGAIN? LOL

[/b]HELLO?????????????????????????????????????????  So it must be true what people have said about you.  You have been living under a rock and posting your garbage posts from there.  NOT EVERYONE WHO GOES TO SAY (let's use Yale here) comes out to be a good lawyer.  As a matter of fact, my aunt went there and my other aunt went to NYU and IMO, they are both dumber than a pile of bricks.  [/b]

No, I don’t live under a rock, but I am curious to see the logical path you took to get to this conclusion from my posting a response your baseless claims. My guess is that you had another mental stall-out, yes?

ONLY YOU KNOW ABOUT THOSE.

Second, not everyone who goes to Yale will be a good attorney. That’s fine.

You don’t seem to comprehend two factors- 1. people at Yale are more likely to become good attorneys versus those at TTTs. 2. More people at Yale will become good attorneys relative to those at TTTs, assuming of course that a “good attorney” is measures by things such as job placement, starting salary, clerkships and bar passage.

THIS IS ALL BASED ON WHAT DOWNY?

If you have other criteria to measure attorneys I am interested to hear about it.

I think I pretty much summed up every one of your comments.

I think you should invest in a reading comprehension class prior to the LSAT and/or law school. You are currently reading at a fourth grade level, which could prove detrimental to your ability to succeed at anything in life. I suggest contacting your local high school and inquiring about remedial language courses.

MAY I HAVE YOUR ADVISOR'S NAME AT ANDOVER? OR IS LAHSER HIGH SCHOOL?

Also, let it be known that all of your “arguments” in this post are the common TTT student justification arguments. You need to justify your dismal life outlook so you resort to nonsensical claims about good schools. I’m sure this practice of factual error coupled with zealous adherence to idiotic conspiracy theories and hearsay will serve you well in life.

Keep telling yourself that you’re going to get the job over those Yale grads. Feast on the delusions that allow you to sleep at night.

HTH.

Do you even know what this means?

pwn3d!

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 09:00:53 PM »
More people at Yale will become good attorneys relative to those at TTTs, assuming of course that a “good attorney” is measures by things such as job placement, starting salary, clerkships and bar passage.

If you have other criteria to measure attorneys I am interested to hear about it.

Some other criteria to consider.

Maybe a good attorney is one who wins most of their case- even if it is at a little law firm.

Maybe a good attorney is a divorce lawyer who refuses to encourage his or her clients to act divisively.

Maybe a good attorney is a consientious hard worker who treats people with respect.

There are a lot of choices out there besides big law and of course you trade a lot of your life away for the big money.  Maybe we should consider someone who has achieved a healthy work-life balance a good lawyer. 

Some interesting viewpoints on rankings, which are useful to tell you about perception of a school if nothing else.
http://www.library.uiuc.edu/edx/rankoversy.htm

Hurley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 09:14:55 PM »
I think Downy's literacy level is that of a 6th grader.  I think he might have trouble with that site.

More people at Yale will become good attorneys relative to those at TTTs, assuming of course that a “good attorney” is measures by things such as job placement, starting salary, clerkships and bar passage.

Some other criteria to consider.

Maybe a good attorney is one who wins most of their case- even if it is at a little law firm.

Maybe a good attorney is a divorce lawyer who refuses to encourage his or her clients to act divisively.

Maybe a good attorney is a consientious hard worker who treats people with respect.

There are a lot of choices out there besides big law and of course you trade a lot of your life away for the big money.  Maybe we should consider someone who has achieved a healthy work-life balance a good lawyer. 

Some interesting viewpoints on rankings, which are useful to tell you about perception of a school if nothing else.
http://www.library.uiuc.edu/edx/rankoversy.htm