Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: L.L.M. Replies 2005 ????  (Read 6704 times)

Rey

• View Profile
L.L.M. Replies 2005 ????
« on: January 20, 2005, 03:30:02 PM »
Hi everybody !

I think that time has come to support each others in the long long waiting process for acceptance letters.

I suggest that we use this post the keep each other informed on :
- the schools we applied to
- the notifications we received ...

Rey

• View Profile
Re: L.L.M. Replies ????
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 03:31:08 PM »
Starting with myself, I received notifications that my application was received from HLS, Columbia, NUY, Berkeley, Columbia (either in the form of email or in the form of a postcard).

Berg

• View Profile
Re: L.L.M. Replies 2005 ????
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 03:54:20 PM »
Hi... on December Ive sent my applications to HLS, Yale and Chicago. I have only heard from Chicago (an e-mail indicating only that I shoul expect for an answer on February) and a blue card from HLS indicating that the application was complete. From Yale, nothing.

Does anyone know:
a) When to expect any answer from the said programs?
b) What to do if there is a big gap of time among the acceptance of one University and the other... I mean, what do you do if you have been accepted in one, but you are still expecting the other ones... but time goes by...???

Regards, Berg

Chris

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 10:11:41 PM »
My applications were sent to Michigan, Cornell, Northwestern, Upenn, Georgetown in the middle of Nov 2004 and to HLS in the end of Nov 2004 just right before deadline.

I got admitted to Georgetown at Dec 7, 2004 since it was the early action process.

For the rest, except for HLS, i got receipts confirming that my applications are complete by email about 2-3 weeks after my applications were sent. Ohh, for UPenn, it takes about 2 more months just to confirm it. UPenn also notified me that at this point of time, they got 40% more applications compared to number of applicants at the same time last year.

About HLS, I got nothing in return. I sure added three self-addressed labels to my application materials as required in the official webpage.

Please note that according to HLS website, all decisions will be notified to all applicants by March 15, 2005 whether you are admitted, denied or waitlisted.

Berg,

(1)last year a friend of mine got reply from UChic in March. I have no idea about Yale anyway.

(2)In general, once offerred a seat in a ll.m. program, you are required to accept your offer of admission to that law school, perhaps with some deposits. A deadline for your acceptance will be given in the decision mail or the admitted student website. I understand that for some schools if you cannot make such commitment in time, you are allowed to ask for an  extension. But please make sure that you make a request for such extension as earliest as you can and already obtain their grant before doing so.

Good luck,
Chris

Berg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:02:12 AM »
Thanks a lot Chris for your advise. Im very worried about this issue since Im leaving on vacations on February until March, so maybe Ill not be able to answer as fast as I wish. Ill try to contact them to indicate my concerns...

In HLS they used the label tags with the address I sent... but do not worry a lot since a friend of mine has not received anything yet since she sent the documents right on deadline...

Regards, Berg

quovadis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Hi,
Duke and Virginia have already begun notifying admitted LL.M. students.  Both excellent schools.

Good luck to everyone in this stressful process!

Tomasz

Chris

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 11:29:27 PM »
Just heard that a friend of someone I know already got denied by Columbia.

Anyway, she is now about to obtain her first LL.M. from Cornell. I am not sure whether or not CLS has a policy prohibiting international students who already obtained their first LL.M. in the States from pursuing the second ll.m. there.

Good luck,
Chris

mexllm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 04:08:17 PM »
I justr got admitted to UVa, still waitng for others (hls, columbia, nyu, umich and uchi)

Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 10:28:49 AM »
I still haven't received any answer... >:( >:( >:(
Waiting waiting waiting ???

Berg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 12:50:50 PM »
Nothing yet...

Do you know if responses are sent by e-mail or mail. Regarding U.Chicago, all I have received has been by e-mail... Harvard has used th labels I sent.

Regards, Berg