Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HELP: I need to get rid of this guy...  (Read 721 times)

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
HELP: I need to get rid of this guy...
« on: January 18, 2005, 06:12:01 PM »
So last semester I started dating a 2L (bad idea, I know)...at first things were great then he'd explode and bang on things or yell or just argue with me and since I'm not the type of woman to back down, I yelled and argued with him.  Then I got sick of it, and told him to leave me alone b/c I'd never been in a situation like that and I did not want to be involved with him.  Well he said he'd work on some things and won me back.  There were fewer outburts, but they were still present.  Needless to say, I was looking forward to the Winter Break.  The 4 weeks spent away from this guy were great and much needed.

Over break his grades were poor, an ex-girlfriend that was supposedly still a very good friend basically told him to get lost and get out of his life b/c he was such a jerk...you know what he said?  He said that I was the only good thing in his life right now...DAMN.  So now that we are back at school he wants to spend time with me.  I've made it clear that I do not and would not want a relationship with him in the future but I'm getting the feeling that he thinks he can change my mind.  I've realized that I want nothing to do with this guy.  What should I do?  What should I say?  Remember...I have to see this guy for another year in the halls.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
Re: HELP: I need to get rid of this guy...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 06:18:03 PM »
Blame it on school.  Tell him you've had an epiphany that you have the rest of your life to have relationships, but for you've only got one shot to get through law school, and you want to concentrate on it fully. 

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 06:20:19 PM »
Coming from a guys perspective, I would want you to tell me straight out ASAP.  I'll be hurt, but it's worse when girls don't say anything and are wishy washy about what to do. You guys then sort of blow us off, then sort of not, then sort of do.  It's like, come on already.  Just say it.  When you finally do tell him what you meant to say months agao, then he'll feel led on for all that time.  

Just kick him to the curb.  Throw out the fact that he said you are the only thing that is going good in his life.  He'll just have to suck it up.  That's life.  

Also, he's down in his life right now.  You don't want that baggage during school.  This is important and should be a priority.  

Plus, he's not the same year as you so who cares if you see him in the halls.  He has no classes with you, and unless he has a key or something to your home/apt, I can't see the problem.  If he stalks you, call the police.  That's what my sister did, and she got a restraining order on an ex.  He never showed up again.  

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 06:23:08 PM »
Great advice!  I think I'll stick w/the "I'm really busy" thing...but most of all, I want to be honest and let him know that I don't think we are a match.

Slyone

• Holmesboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 10:39:01 AM »
don't let him live rent-free in your mind girl!
I agree with zemog.
This guy's attitude and outbursts will only get worse as he gets to know you better.
He's got problems and you don't need them!
If there is any principle of the Constitution that more imperatively calls for attachment than any other it is the principle of free thought, not free thought for those who agree with us but freedom for the thought that we hate.
Oliver Wendell Holmes