Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Second Semester...new classes, new questions  (Read 640 times)

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Second Semester...new classes, new questions
« on: January 17, 2005, 01:27:40 PM »

This semester my new classes are Con Law and Crim LAw...   I am reaching out to those students who have taken these classes already...

What tools have you found helpful in your study of these courses and can you reccomend any tools that will facilitate my learning on tehse topics?

My first con law assignment is to "study" the constitution in its entirety... has anyone found any good reference tools ie// a Constitution for Dummies style reference that expands the various articles/ammendments?

grazie
   C.

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Second Semester...new classes, new questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 02:24:46 PM »
I'll be in Con law with you this semester.  I had Crim last semester, it was a good class...without a doubt the most interesting cases you will ever read in law school come from Crim.   ;D

As always, the E&E for each one is good.  However, I don't even think you'll need the E&E for Crim that much.  It was good to have as a security blanket, but Crim is pretty straight forward.  You have the common law and you have the MPC and that's it in a nutshell.
Burning Sands

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 04:07:20 PM »
High Court Case Briefs for Con Law.  The briefs are excellent and actually reading the cases takes too much time.  A much more theorectical class and I thought more fun.

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 06:59:30 PM »
Well the jury is still out on my grades.  I won't be getting those bad boys back until feburary/march.  My school is on the cave-man system of blue book essays.

But other than that, I think it went relatively well.  Love the school (did I just say that?) and definitely love the NYC area.  Where did you end up again?
Burning Sands

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:13:21 PM »
Rutgers - newark
Burning Sands