Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NSL: Chronicles of a TTT  (Read 4018 times)

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
NSL: Chronicles of a TTT
« on: January 14, 2005, 03:06:59 PM »
According to NSL's website, the admissions index is computed by multiplying an applicant’s LSAT score by 80% and adding it to the GPA x 10. The target index number for admission is 140.

Let's do a hypothetical to asses the likely quality of the student body.

Person A has an LSAT score of 140 and a GPA of 3.0.

LSAT 140(80%) = 112
GPA   3.0(10) =  30

As you can see, the candidate with a 140 LSAT score and a 3.0 is actually two points ABOVE the admissions index for NSL. This means that if the GPA were slightly higher, the LSAT could be even lower than a 140.
http://www.nashvilleschooloflaw.net/about.aspx

In contrast, Cooley requires that an applicant have an LSAT of at least 143. http://www.cooley.edu/admissions/admformula.htm

Therefore, it is actually much harder to get into Cooley than NSL, because Cooley has a cutoff at 143 for LSAT scores. At NSL, if a candidate had a 4.0, he/should could be admitted with a 125 LSAT:

LSAT 125(80%) = 100
GPA   4.0(10) =  40

Hence, NSL may well be admitting people with LSATs as low as 125, which is a FULL 18 POINTS BELOW COOLEY'S MINIMUM LSAT REQUIREMENT. A 125 LSAT means the candidate marked about 5 questions correctly. Marking "A" for every answer without opening the test book would yield a higher score.

Finally, Cooley is ABA accredited, and NSL is not.

Sorry NSL people, but I had to do it. You were acting like cocky dipshits, and the numbers don't lie.

HTH and pwn3d!

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NSL: Chronicles of a TTT
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 03:23:33 PM »
January 18th can't come soon enough!!

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 03:29:16 PM »
Second semester starts for full-time students at TTT Univs. such as Minn.

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »
Hard to believe, but I do think he is.

A couple of his posts actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about, even if they are in his own unique style.

And I may be wrong about this, but it seemed like he (and all his alter egos) seemed very scarce in Nov. and through the middle of December; times when he might have been actually studying.

But at least in 20 years, when he is making $200K/year cause he didn't go to a TTT like we are, his taxes will be providing us our social security benefits!  :) 

I'll be toasting him and his tax dollars every day at the 19th hole.

HTH  LOL

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 03:52:50 PM »
I wonder why he's so unhappy then.  He/she seems to have what they want, but he/she is still very unhappy.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 04:15:02 PM »
I wonder why he's so unhappy then.  He/she seems to have what they want, but he/she is still very unhappy.

I think he just likes to aggrevate people; don't take him serious or let him get to you.  I even laugh at some of his antics.

Plus, if he goes to Minn. they are ranked 19th.  There's 18 schools that look down on his school the way he looks down on Cooley, etc.  Maybe he was rejected at HYS and needs to make himself feel better than some.

He has it better than most of us, but doesn't realize it yet.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 04:18:09 PM »
He's so cute, isn't he?
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 04:24:29 PM »
Not as cute as Julie Fern, but I did like the "I just woke up after a hard night of drinking and snorting coke" avatar.

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 04:32:50 PM »
Yeah I like that one too, but for now I am using this one because someone on the other board had the "Virginia is for Lovers" avatar so I edited it to this one.

NSL PEOPLE, LISTEN UP:

You need to chill the f**ck out. This thread was a response to your arrogance on this board, particularly gruber and jslick. If you guys didn't act holier-than-thou I wouldn't post threads like this. Really, it has been a recent problem. I think this is my first anti-NSL thread, but I could be wrong.

And Joe, I am not unhappy, I just get bored and irritated by people sometimes, just like everyone else. You f**ckers need to stop taking everything so seriously.

DOWNY OUT

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »
Didn't make me feel bad, just annoyed me.

I have several friends at H and Y and their elitism is ok, because most of the time it is warranted. (Except for one guy who got in on AA).

HTH