Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Love followers charged with hate  (Read 7992 times)

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Love followers charged with hate
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 11:51:53 PM »
To me. Being a homosexual is slightly different then people who have sex with children.
"It's just a sexual preference."
"If it doesn't effect me then why worry about it?"
It's sick, it's wrong, and I don't want to see it or hear about it. I am not going to go shoot gay people for being gay or spread hate about them because I hate no one. I just wanted to put the homosexuality desease into the light. I don't know if being a homosexual is a mental disorder or a physical disorder but it IS a disorder. For the life of me I don't understand how people have become so accepting of something so gross and indecent.  :-\

Note: Those quotes are from no specific person but are just a couple of basic ideas I hear quite a bit from people.

YEA FOR FREEDOM OF SPEACH!  ;D

If you're going to be a bigot, at least learn to spell.  It's "disease," not "desease;" and "speech," not "speach."

Jacy, go easy on him...

how many bigots can spell anything but "Get 'er done?"

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 07:13:10 AM »
To me. Being a homosexual is slightly different then people who have sex with children.
"It's just a sexual preference."
"If it doesn't effect me then why worry about it?"
It's sick, it's wrong, and I don't want to see it or hear about it. I am not going to go shoot gay people for being gay or spread hate about them because I hate no one. I just wanted to put the homosexuality desease into the light. I don't know if being a homosexual is a mental disorder or a physical disorder but it IS a disorder. For the life of me I don't understand how people have become so accepting of something so gross and indecent.  :-\

Note: Those quotes are from no specific person but are just a couple of basic ideas I hear quite a bit from people.

YEA FOR FREEDOM OF SPEACH!  ;D

If you're going to be a bigot, at least learn to spell.  It's "disease," not "desease;" and "speech," not "speach."

Jacy, go easy on him...

how many bigots can spell anything but "Get 'er done?"

You're so right jason.  I'll try harder to go easier on him.  :)

Vulgaris

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »
I found that people have a tendency to pick on spelling when they have no other real argument. A bigot by definition (Yes, I had to look it up because I'm a moron) is "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ." First of all, homosexuality isn't a race. Secondly, I can't *ever* not think screwing animals, people of the same gender, children, or anything other then god intended is not completely sick. If that is extremist of me then I apologize.

I understand that they are "wired" differently then the rest of us and it's like a person being in the body of their opposite gender. However, I have little doubt that their are other people in this world who could use the same excuse to get away with murder or rape.

Again. I don't hate homosexuals. I don't hate anyone. But I figured I would put my opinion out about them mostly because I'm bored and I don't have very many better things to do with my life.  ::)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
I found that people have a tendency to pick on spelling when they have no other real argument. A bigot by definition (Yes, I had to look it up because I'm a moron) is "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ." First of all, homosexuality isn't a race. Secondly, I can't *ever* not think screwing animals, people of the same gender, children, or anything other then god intended is not completely sick. If that is extremist of me then I apologize.

First of all, I never said homosexuals were a race, but read the definition again.  Homosexuals are a GROUP.  Not quire sure how you missed that.

Secondly, I did not bother making a "real" argument, because it's worthless on this message board, and I can guarantee the poster I responded to will (a) never come here again b/c he was a troll, and (b) would not accept any rational argument.  I have much better things to do with my time.

bossfan2

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 07:59:30 PM »
I understand that they are "wired" differently then the rest of us and it's like a person being in the body of their opposite gender. However, I have little doubt that their are other people in this world who could use the same excuse to get away with murder or rape.

So, the main thing wrong with what you're saying is that you have no idea what you're talking about.  Homosexuality has nothing to do with feeling like you're "in the body of their opposite gender"--you're defining (poorly) being transgendered or gender dysphoria.  I am a lesbian and a woman--from birth--and I have absolutely no feeling of being a man or being in the wrong body.  I am a woman who loves women, period.  I am also a thinking person who, were I a Christian, would understand that God may have inspired (or even told) men how to write the Bible, but that Man is fallible and there's no way that the entire Bible was written without some personal ideas sneaking in.  Mankind is naturally afraid of things that are different than the status quo, and that was true when the Bible was written as well.  There are like 20 modern versions of the Bible--does that mean God needed 20 tries, or is it more likely that men have revised it as they see fit?

The fact is that you let a book tell you that something is a sin, then you judge people based on what the book tells you.  Try to remember it's a BOOK.  Also, "sin" doesn't equal "disorder" no matter how you spin it--otherwise, according to the Bible, anyone who does just about anything has a disorder--check out Leviticus.  We are clearly all screwed...

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 08:47:32 PM »

Again. I don't hate homosexuals. I don't hate anyone. But I figured I would put my opinion out about them mostly because I'm bored and I don't have very many better things to do with my life.  ::)

Vulgaris, do you work out?

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 03:20:14 AM »
Why is there so much homosexual debate on this message board? Give every board long enough and that's what it turns into.

To thine own self be true, no one else. @#!* 'em if they can't take a joke, and @#!* everyone who doesn't understand that winning this debate is impossible and a waste of time.

Let the defaming commence...

Vulgaris

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 10:52:30 PM »
It would take way too long for me to quote everyone on what they said so I am just going to write down some responses in points:
1.) I don't really work out because I havn't found it necessary. I try to make gravity less of a cambatant through daily life but I don't try to be able to lift cars or anything. I also don't really want (Or can't possibly get) a girlfreind and I don't have any reputation to keep so I don't try to make my body look good in any way. Why this was asked I don't really know.
2.)When I said homosexuality is like a man or woman being in the body of the opposite sex I didn't mean it was like a trap or something. I was trying to describe the fact that homosexuals are not genetically the same as their "Normal" gender counterparts. I don't really have evidence that it is a genetic difference it is mostly just a idea I picked up over the years (I thought I read something on that but a homosexual would know better then me). Maybe homosexuals choose to be homosexuals... that is a nasty thought. I don't really know. I'd have to read up on some studies about it.
3.) I never yet mentioned the bible. Maybe I'm a prophet speaking for god. Maybe I'm speaking for myself and using god as a backup. Maybe I am speaking for the devil and in the mean time I want to defame god. None of that really matters. I am sick of questions that are nearly impossible to answer so in my life my word is my law. Homosexuality is sick and I beleive it is wrong. When the bible was written all those people had to base their ideas off was their faith and what they remembered from Jesus. The fact that those people were protesting about it and telling homosexuals to repent is, I think, the best thing they could do. I wish homosexuality didn't exist but the most I can do about it is say that it *is* wrong. We will see who is wrong when we are dead. Are all you homosexuals reading this willing to take the risk of going to hell for... sex? But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and I will go to hell, or better yet, heaven and hell doesn't even exist.
4.) You are one negative person Jason and your right. I have no intention of winning this debate. Knowledge gained is much more valuable that a victory. I only want to hear different ideas and opinions despite the fact, in my mind, they are wrong.  :P
5.) I can see that some people are getting angry at me. That wasn't my intention. I just stated my opinion on this matter because it interested me. I wish this were a place where adults could treat eachother with respect but if that isn't the case you can continue to hurl pointless insults.

So far throughout my life I have decided on a few main unprovable beleifs and one of them is that homosexuality is wrong. Maybe I'll change my mind but so far I havn't. Therefore, I beleive that a few people telling homosexuals to repent should not be consider a hate crime.  :-\

Vulgaris

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 11:12:25 PM »
The fact that those people were protesting about it and telling homosexuals to repent is, I think, the best thing they could do.
I hate correcting myself... it's so embarrassing. :-[
I was talking about the activists in that part not the people who wrote the bible.

I would also like to add that the bible is indeed a book written by people but truth and lies can be found in almost every sentence. It's a paradox that different meaning can come out of the same sentence and therefore not only can the bible be completely correct but it can be completely incorrect through interpretation and translation. Not only are people fallable but so are languages. We all beleive what we want to beleive. I would like to see a active homosexual who beleived what they did was wrong. People seem to support themselves many times through religion. Therefore. In this discussion. I am not going to base my ideas off of someone else purely on the fact that they are as wrong, or right, as I am.

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 01:39:28 PM »
4.) You are one negative person Jason and your right. I have no intention of winning this debate. Knowledge gained is much more valuable that a victory. I only want to hear different ideas and opinions despite the fact, in my mind, they are wrong.  :P

I don't think I'm negative, just a realist. My mom says I'm quite funny in fact...