Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Love followers charged with hate  (Read 7888 times)

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
Love followers charged with hate
« on: January 12, 2005, 04:05:56 PM »
I don't know exactly what it is, but there's something wrong when the followers of the lover savior of the universis are charged with hate crimes.

Christian Activists Charged With Hate Crimes For Gay Protest
Charges Carry Penalties Of Up To 47 Years

POSTED: 2:54 pm EST January 12, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- Four Christian activists are accused of hate crimes for their demonstration urging gays and lesbians to repent at last October's "Outfest" in Philadelphia.

Michael Marcavage and his fellow demonstrators face arraignment today for alleged ethnic intimidation, criminal conspiracy and inciting to riot.

Film shot for the upcoming documentary "The Philadelphia Five" shows Marcavage and other members of Repent America trying to make themselves heard over gay activists who whistled and surrounded them with pink signs. When Marcavage complained to police, he and his fellow Christians were arrested and jailed.

Their attorney said the charges carry penalties of up to 47 years in prison.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/4076183/detail.html
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

jslick

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - alpinebimmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Love followers charged with hate
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 07:06:29 PM »
I don't know exactly what it is, but there's something wrong when the followers of the lover savior of the universis are charged with hate crimes.

Christian Activists Charged With Hate Crimes For Gay Protest
Charges Carry Penalties Of Up To 47 Years

POSTED: 2:54 pm EST January 12, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- Four Christian activists are accused of hate crimes for their demonstration urging gays and lesbians to repent at last October's "Outfest" in Philadelphia.

Michael Marcavage and his fellow demonstrators face arraignment today for alleged ethnic intimidation, criminal conspiracy and inciting to riot.

Film shot for the upcoming documentary "The Philadelphia Five" shows Marcavage and other members of Repent America trying to make themselves heard over gay activists who whistled and surrounded them with pink signs. When Marcavage complained to police, he and his fellow Christians were arrested and jailed.

Their attorney said the charges carry penalties of up to 47 years in prison.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/4076183/detail.html

"[T]he lover savior of the universis..."  ?
If you think education's expensive, try ignorance.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 10:18:53 PM »
You know.  JC Superstar

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 10:49:33 PM »
You know.  JC Superstar
I don't think there is anything wrong... how many wars have been fought because of religion? I think there have been plenty.. of course war = hate... so ther you have it. The circle is complete.... I need another beer.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 10:50:38 PM »
I just thought it was an interesting juxtiposition of the two ideas.

People who follow the loving savior of the world are charged specifically with a hate crime.

il Principe

• The Archon of Protocol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 05:45:35 PM »
It's a shame they were charged with anything. 
"The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar" - Evelyn Waugh

Vulgaris

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 08:34:18 AM »
To me. Being a homosexual is slightly different then people who have sex with children.
"It's just a sexual preference."
"If it doesn't effect me then why worry about it?"
It's sick, it's wrong, and I don't want to see it or hear about it. I am not going to go shoot gay people for being gay or spread hate about them because I hate no one. I just wanted to put the homosexuality desease into the light. I don't know if being a homosexual is a mental disorder or a physical disorder but it IS a disorder. For the life of me I don't understand how people have become so accepting of something so gross and indecent.  :-\

Note: Those quotes are from no specific person but are just a couple of basic ideas I hear quite a bit from people.

YEA FOR FREEDOM OF SPEACH!  ;D

Voyager

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »
How do you define "disorder"?

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 12:50:56 PM »
This thread lives up to the title of the board...

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 07:43:27 PM »
To me. Being a homosexual is slightly different then people who have sex with children.
"It's just a sexual preference."
"If it doesn't effect me then why worry about it?"
It's sick, it's wrong, and I don't want to see it or hear about it. I am not going to go shoot gay people for being gay or spread hate about them because I hate no one. I just wanted to put the homosexuality desease into the light. I don't know if being a homosexual is a mental disorder or a physical disorder but it IS a disorder. For the life of me I don't understand how people have become so accepting of something so gross and indecent.  :-\

Note: Those quotes are from no specific person but are just a couple of basic ideas I hear quite a bit from people.

YEA FOR FREEDOM OF SPEACH!  ;D

If you're going to be a bigot, at least learn to spell.  It's "disease," not "desease;" and "speech," not "speach."