Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 3485 times)

Dean Prosser

• View Profile
Re: March Madness
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 11:49:06 AM »
Duke is not deep enough to get this attention.  Honestly, look at Zona that last 5 games.  Look at Salim, compared to Reddick, yet  Duke gets all the hype, and they are not even that good.  Did you know Zona has tried the last 2 years to get non-conference games with Duke, but Duke will only agree if they play one game on their court, and one game on a neutral court in the east coast!  Lute said, One game at Duke, One game in California (which is still pretty  neutral), and they said no.  They get no respect from me.  Salim is better across than Reddick, and where is his ESPN segment reciting poetry?  They will be a three seed, and probably will lose to Wake on Sunday.

Okay, enough ranting.

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
duke schmuke
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2005, 12:40:43 PM »
Duke is not deep enough to get this attention.  Honestly, look at Zona that last 5 games.  Look at Salim, compared to Reddick, yet  Duke gets all the hype, and they are not even that good.  Did you know Zona has tried the last 2 years to get non-conference games with Duke, but Duke will only agree if they play one game on their court, and one game on a neutral court in the east coast!  Lute said, One game at Duke, One game in California (which is still pretty  neutral), and they said no.  They get no respect from me.  Salim is better across than Reddick, and where is his ESPN segment reciting poetry?  They will be a three seed, and probably will lose to Wake on Sunday.

Okay, enough ranting.

no you're right. the ACC always gets the most publicity whether they're good or not.  there's a lot of east coast bias that dominate the networks. the only problem is nobody out of the midwest or the west is stepping up to prove otherwise
Burning Sands

Dean Prosser

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2005, 03:31:39 PM »
Sands, a moment of silence for KU, in fact, two...

They are still a #1 seed (unless Zona takes it :)

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
?
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005, 05:57:07 PM »
Sands, a moment of silence for KU, in fact, two...

They are still a #1 seed (unless Zona takes it :)

Thank you. That was a well needed moment of silence after the stunt they pulled.  Self has disgraced the sanctity of Allen Field House.

I'm keeping an eye on that team who's name we do not say when the play Washington on the 26th
Burning Sands

Dean Prosser

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2005, 08:05:51 PM »
Sunday's College Basketball Trivia: who hit 9 3's, some of which were far beyond the NBA range, some drained with tons of static and double teaming, in a win setting a home record?

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 01:13:30 AM »
dangit I was working on an LRW paper all weekend and missed everything.  somebody else is gonna have to solve the riddle
Burning Sands

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 11:14:39 PM »
I need another moment of silence...
Burning Sands

Dean Prosser

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 11:45:23 PM »
KU will (hopefully) beat Oklahoma State and get their #2 seed... but they need to beat OSU to have any chance in March, their confidence is just shot.

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 09:47:03 AM »
I agree.  My confidence is shot right now and I'm 1500 miles away from KU.  I can't imagine what the scene is looking like in Lawrence right now.
Burning Sands

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 02:36:01 PM »
Its been a tough break for both of our teams, but we are mere hours away from the unveiling of the sacred bracket.  Can't wait.
Burning Sands