My sexual affiliation is...

male
 15 (53.6%)
female
 11 (39.3%)
a little of both
 2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: POLL: did you learn anything from memo #2 assignment?  (Read 18865 times)

Slyone

• Holmesboy
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: did you learn anything from memo #2 assignment?
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2005, 04:58:58 PM »
Really doesn't matter does it? As long as you got the grade!  ;)
I came up 20 points but feel I should have come up 30. I'm counting down the days!
quote author=UCC_2-207 link=topic=1243.msg8109#msg8109 date=1105133325]
I did pretty well on the second memo. But I don't know if it's because I presented, cited, and synthesized well or if Hogan's random grade generator ruled in my favor this time around.
If there is any principle of the Constitution that more imperatively calls for attachment than any other it is the principle of free thought, not free thought for those who agree with us but freedom for the thought that we hate.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

jslick

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - alpinebimmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2005, 02:05:54 PM »
BUMP to TOP
If you think education's expensive, try ignorance.

Slyone

• Holmesboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2005, 11:30:29 PM »
Said it before and I'll say it again, I was not cursing a student. Merely pointing out his condemnation of me which has now (randomly) turned to himself. It is the random grade generator. I do not begrudge anyone for making a better grade. I begrude the grading methods.
2 tears in a bucket motherf*ck it.
BTW, how are you doing?

jeese, talk about having some issues.  i see the boards haven't changed in my brief absence.  sorry dicta, but jslick has you beat on the rage issue(s).  if you have to curse someone for making a better grade, maybe law school isn't for you.  better yet, if you have trouble writing, why don't you seek some help.  dropping the 'A'-bomb and using grade school putdowns ain't gonna get ya' anywhere.  you need to bucket-up brother.
If there is any principle of the Constitution that more imperatively calls for attachment than any other it is the principle of free thought, not free thought for those who agree with us but freedom for the thought that we hate.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

jslick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2005, 11:20:14 AM »
Said it before and I'll say it again, I was not cursing a student. Merely pointing out his condemnation of me which has now (randomly) turned to himself. It is the random grade generator. I do not begrudge anyone for making a better grade. I begrude the grading methods.
2 tears in a bucket motherf*ck it.
BTW, how are you doing?

jeese, talk about having some issues.  i see the boards haven't changed in my brief absence.  sorry dicta, but jslick has you beat on the rage issue(s).  if you have to curse someone for making a better grade, maybe law school isn't for you.  better yet, if you have trouble writing, why don't you seek some help.  dropping the 'A'-bomb and using grade school putdowns ain't gonna get ya' anywhere.  you need to bucket-up brother.

I miss your point here, and am not inclined to study this message thread to decipher it. 

Regardless, the use of profanity, (such as mine directed toward the conceited one who insulted another student by telling him he should learn to write) is not important to the underlying theme of this thread.

Slyone

• Holmesboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2005, 10:54:32 AM »
I'm almost glad I nearly flunked the first one so that the forced curve brought me WAAAY up.
If I had gone down from a good grade with no comments I don't think I could've remained calm......
Have a classmate who went from an 88 to a 74 with NO EXPLANATION>

Who the heck is putting down that they learned a few things except how not to be a teacher? I can't believe she compared that to not seeing your graded tests. She is a terrible teacher. You don't treat papers the same way you treat tests. This is unconscionable. Oh, the evaluation. Sweet revenge for the masses!
Oliver Wendell Holmes

jslick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2005, 01:58:23 PM »
I too went from a B to a C, with no explanation.  I am considering that the final paper is not worth doing.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2005, 02:01:48 PM »
I too went from a B to a C, with no explanation.  I am considering that the final paper is not worth doing.

I did worse.  I'm going to read her mind and write the paper she would write.  I am passing this course no matter what.  I cannot repeat it.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2005, 02:03:04 PM »
I am so burned out on that class I can't stand it. I almost feel like I need to audit a LWR class somewhere else to get a better handle on the nonsense she has taught us.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2005, 02:05:12 PM »
That is the worst part of it.

I'm hoping TBA will offer a seminar or something.

And remember, we will have another LWR in the third year I think.

I am so burned out on that class I can't stand it. I almost feel like I need to audit a LWR class somewhere else to get a better handle on the nonsense she has taught us.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2005, 02:07:22 PM »
I hope she doesn't graduate to teach that one!