Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Tech Law Students and Grads???  (Read 4637 times)

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
Texas Tech Law Students and Grads???
« on: December 19, 2004, 04:00:33 PM »
I have applied to TT and am considering it heavily for law school, anyone on this board either go there or know someone who has graduated from there? I would like your opinion of the school and its faculty as well as general opinions on whether it is a good choice for law school. For far I am impressed. thanks in advance!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

Keleka

• View Profile
Re: Texas Tech Law Students and Grads???
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 10:37:31 AM »
I'm a law librarian at TTU.  What would you like to know?
Keleka

Texan29

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech Law Bound!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:12:33 PM »
Wow! That's very impressive! Thanks for responding!

How do you like it in Lubbock and Texas Tech Law?

I'm just kind of looking for general impressions. I have committed 100% to Tech Law since writing this post a few months ago. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it to the admitted students day in April, but plan on visiting TTU again in May!

I'm so excited about being in next years class. I really think TTU Law has a lot to offer and is only getting better over these last few years. How much do you know about the new law school building? I'm hoping it will be open for my 3L.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Please give me all your impressions and opinions of the school! Thanks in advance!
Texas Tech Law: We don't just pass the bar, we practically live there!

texastiger1414

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 11:20:40 PM »
I'm a law librarian at TTU. What would you like to know?
Keleka

I read you comment on lawschoolnumbers.com, what SEC school are you a fan of?

Keleka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 09:18:01 AM »
Sorry for not getting back here sooner to see if anyone had asked me anything.
Someone asked my impressions of TTU.  I was a law librarian at another law school for three years before coming here.  So far, I've found the faculty here to be a lot friendlier and more accessible.  The administration seems to be very motivated to make this a positive experience for law students.  I know that in the library, we do just about anything we can to help.  The ladies who work the circulation desk are like surrogate mothers to many students.  I would much rather be a law student here than at the other school where I worked.
BTW, if you're looking for a place to live, a couple days ago, Professor Soonpaa mentioned that she's still looking for a tenent for an apartment she has only two blocks from campus.  You might give her a try.  Being close to campus would be a big plus.
Someone asked what SEC school I root for: Tennessee, of course!  Go Vols!
If anyone would like to talk more about TTU, drop me a line at tconaway@law.ttu.edu
Keleka