Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You're all in law school, so maybe you can help  (Read 830 times)

JonR0921

• View Profile
You're all in law school, so maybe you can help
« on: December 19, 2004, 01:38:13 PM »
I took the Dec. LSAT, and if I go by my diagnostics, my score will be anywhere from 140-147.  I have a 2.56 GPA, certificate from paralegal studies program (with honors), and 4 yrs paralegal work experience.  From your experiences, will this get me into ANY ABA law school?

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: You're all in law school, so maybe you can help
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 01:46:07 PM »
This is probably a question better asked on the pre-law side, where people are paying a lot more attention to what it takes to get into school, rather than what's up once you're there.

For approximating chances based strictly on number, try: http://www.chiashu.com/lsat.html

A lot of schools, in my opinion, seem to be very numbers based (lsat/gpa) before they consider anything else. You might want to consider retaking the lsat, esp. if you think there's a chance you can bump up the #'s by a significant amount of points.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 05:34:41 PM »
try COOLEY!!!!

JonR0921

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 06:42:12 PM »
try COOLEY!!!!

Trust me, if they're the only ABA school to take me....I'm there.

Bored_3L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 07:05:15 PM »
It's going to be an uphill battle.  Admissions numbers have continued to increase for all schools and this trend is likely to continue.  As mentioned before, you should really take the LSAT again and invest in a prep course if you have the means.  Besides that, you need to look into tier 4 schools in the region that you live/want to practice.  Becuase the lower ranked schools don't have a lot of portability you need to stay within you region rather than going to whatever school you can get into.  If you want to work in California it makes no sense to go to Touro in NY.  I suggest contacted the admissions departments of some target schools and seeing if you can speak to admissions officers.  Showing a genuine interest and establishing contacts in the school won't guarentee you anything but it can't hurt.  Good luck.