Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oh No, Missed an issue!  (Read 1033 times)

Dean Prosser

• View Profile
Oh No, Missed an issue!
« on: December 17, 2004, 03:38:26 AM »
Just wondering, have any of you missed a BIG issue in an exam question? 

lawboy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Oh No, Missed an issue!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »
Just wondering, have any of you missed a BIG issue in an exam question? 

I wouldnt worry about it. professors, albeit sad, typically don't give a lot of points for mentioning tom hanks or the glow in the dark compass ring.

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 01:40:40 PM »
I had a race horsr torts exam where i identified 35 torts plus 15 defenses and I only got 15 torts and 5 defenses on the paper.  I'm pretty sure some of the ones i missed were BIG issues.

dgatl

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 03:32:21 PM »
in the case of that, use the last five minutes to note down the issues and defenses you would have discussed.  you will still get some points for finding the issue itself.  i sadly did not see a statute of frauds issue on my contracts test.  however, i think maybe only 1 person I talked to out of like 15 people got the issue, so it's all good...... i hope

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 05:32:23 AM »
On my Civ Pro exam I wrote "The Erie Doctrine is the proximate cause of wrongful life claims against residents of foreign states pursuant to Marbury v. Pennoyer and USC 28 Sec. 1367."

Do you think that will hurt me?

Just kidding f**ckers, I spotted all the issues. Why? Because I go to a TTT, and because I am f**cking awesome.

HTH

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 11:04:14 AM »
Yeah...I missed a few. Well, I didn't miss them, I just didn't get them on paper. It happens.

I was talking with someone else about one of the exams (something I'm really trying to NOT do), and he mentioned how he addressed a minor point....mainly because it was really funny. The other two of us noted that we weren't quite so creative on that point. He said most of the others he'd talked to hadn't seen that issue at all. It's little facts like that -- that others aren't seeing some stuff at all -- that give me hope.

jen2262

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 01:08:20 PM »
On Civil Pro exam, question was on Transfer and Forum Non Conveniens, I just realized that I only talked about how it would not be more convenient to transfer the case to another district because of familiarity with law, where witnesses were, etc. but I forgot to talk about where it could actually be transferred if it was more convenient which was probably what the teacher wanted.  :o

onehandedreader

• Sr. Citizen
  • Balzac, Jaws of Death
    • View Profile
    • how real can one keep it?
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 01:56:24 PM »
I didn't miss any big issues, but I completely blanked on a short answer essay question.  Just couldn't get anything down on the paper that made sense.  @#!*! 

Then I made a bigger mistake, I looked through my notes to find out the answer after the test was over.  Turns out it was based on a single comment the professor made back in october about Taylor v. Superior Court, should've got that.

Oh well, it's over for a month.
www.antihumanity.com
how real can one keep it?

vw515

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 02:30:01 PM »
try having three essays packed with issues in Crim getting through the analysis for the most substantive crimes and then not being able to finish the little B.S. crimes on any of the essays because the exam was three hours and felt like it should have been six hours long. But I spoke to my professor and he said I shouldnt be worried if I got through the greater crimes.