Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TORTS EXAM = RIDICULOUS  (Read 2240 times)

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: TORTS EXAM = RIDICULOUS
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 02:36:22 AM »
You can still probably get decent jobs even with C's, right? Like at smaller firms...
That very much depends on the school.  Fairly or not, you can get away with having lower grades at the top schools, but not so much if you are at a T4.

Louder Than Bombs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 08:47:25 AM »
2nd essay (you all will love this)... trying to re-create the question:

"Discuss critically on the following comment made regarding recent trends in tort liability:  As tort law develops, our system gradually moves away from the 20th century trend towards strict liability and returns to a more 19th century negligence view.  Discuss this critically in view of 1) res ipsa 2) abnormally dangerous activity 3) products liability"

Needless to say, I had to vomit on the computer screen practically anything I could pull out of nowhere.  I was able to incorporate Calabresi and Fletcher and a law review article discussing Posner's view in the Cynamid case, but most of it was just personal analysis.  Needless to say I think I am F-CKED in torts!

Actually, this is an interesting question, IMHO...

But I must say that on exams, policy Q's are bull...

SLJ0720

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 10:04:16 PM »
The question on the classmates' debate sucks.  I wouldn't think the prof. would be allowed to ask a question like that since it definitely gave those involved an advantage over other students.  I mean, yeah, everyone is supposed to be paying attention to what is going on in class but how many people actually take notes on a discussion like that between students, or think of something like that when preparing for a final.  It was nice you got to choose between different essay questions though.  I wish our torts final allowed that.

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004, 10:28:50 PM »
Yes, focus on torts.  It's not as simple/easy as it seems.  I came out of my first torts exam (about 2 months ago) thinking I aced it, and ended up with a solid C, 79%.  I just finished my torts midterm last night, 3 hours, but only 2 essays. Thank god I had no multiple choice but it was still a race horse.

I'm not a law student yet, but isn't a C in law school supposed to be bad?  ???

It depends on the curve at the school.  At my school, the curve is suppose to be set at C.  Approximately 60% get C's, 10% A's, 20% B's, and 10% below C.  C's don't make you stand; they just put you in the middle of the pack.