Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any other Spring 2005 new students?  (Read 7145 times)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any other Spring 2005 new students?
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 09:19:53 PM »
Even though i'm still waiting to hear from STCL, I'm curious to see how everyone's 1st semester went???  what are your thoughts on STCL now that you've become a student there?

any insights are welcome  ;D
HUSL 1L

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Any other Spring 2005 new students?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 11:29:45 AM »
Cam108 Sorry this is late, but maybe you still check this thread. My first semester was awesome. It was alot of hard work though. Something they will not tell you is that 10% of your class will flunk. DONT be one of those. It was somewhat easy to tell who they would be though by the amount of work they put in. In law school being smart is not enough and working hard is not enough. Just do all the reading, make outlines, and keep up and you will do fine. I made the dean's list and I had a 2.0 GPA in undergrad. So the past is the past, you could have a 4.0 and fail. Just work hard and it will work out. Overall I thought the classes were fun, some of the professors are tough on the students, but don't take it personal and you will be fine. Ever seen the movie "paper chase" well there are a Prof's that model their approach to the socratic method from the prof in that movie. Overall though it was awesome, and I would recommend STCL to anyone.
Good Luck
South Texas College of Law here I come!