Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need some opinions on study tactics...  (Read 1561 times)

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
Need some opinions on study tactics...
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:57:33 PM »
Ok, I am considering putting pretty much all my eggs in the Torts basket.....I figure it is probably the most difficult exam we are going to have. It counts 50% (while Ks count 20% with a make up). I understand Torts and think I have a real opportunity to do well if I can just devote the time to it.
I am thinking I am not going to study for Ks until after Torts. I will get my outline etc together but will not prepare as much for Ks as Torts. I don't think I am going to learn anything now that I don't already know....chances are slim for much more than a C regardless of what I do. I'm clueless.
Opinions are solicited. Especially from those who have "been there done that" EDYTHE? MARGE?
 :-\
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need some opinions on study tactics...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 02:21:07 AM »
I am definitely not going to study for contracts until after torts for the reasons you mention. But I am also going to study like made for contracts after torts. What I am worried about is having a crimes midterm (dykes) the night before the contracts midterm. But at least that is better than having it the same night as the torts midterm, which is what she had scheduled at first.

But I am with you. No contracts until after torts!

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 10:41:26 AM »
So far it's unanimous.  Contracts can sit until after torts.  Even if I did gain ground in contracts, the torts mid-term would just knock it out of my brain anyway.

We have our crimes "mid-term" next Thursday so it's not so bad for us.

My problem is that I'm having trouble just keeping up with the class material.  I have not spent one minute studying for mid-terms yet.  I haven't read Dobbs for three weeks.  I haven't had time to brief the cases.  I get about half of them done, which means I read those cases just once.  NG.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 01:24:22 PM »
I would put Dobbs WAAAAAAY on the back burner. Read the facts and headnotes for your cases and that's it!

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 12:50:17 PM »
the Barbri outlines are great.  i personally think that the best way to study for an exam is to do tons of practice exams.

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 11:13:50 PM »
good point. I just need to get to where I can actually answer the questions, KWIM?  :D