Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted with baggage  (Read 3125 times)

vitogrl23

• View Profile
    • Email
Accepted with baggage
« on: December 08, 2004, 03:43:53 PM »
Hey has anybody here know someone or possibly yourself who has been accepted to law schools with a 140 lsat?

Thanks

cedowdy

• View Profile
Re: Accepted with baggage
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 07:49:47 PM »
I don't know of anyone personally, but you might check www.lawschoolnumbers.com to see if anyone is listed.

voss749

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:25:57 PM »
1) Get a GOOD prep course (princton review) and retake it.

If it doesnt improve DRAMATICALLY

2) Decide if you REALLY want to be a lawyer..and if so consider non-aba schools
that dont require LSATs.

funlawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 08:17:55 PM »
If your GPA is around 3.5 or above and you have a great Personal Statement, you might get into a 4th tier school. I happen to know several people that got it with 140 scores at ABA accredited law schools, but they had stellar GPA's.  They just didnt take the LSAT seriously or have good standardized test taking skills.   

bulletproof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 12:58:13 AM »
You should really, really consider the above advice regarding re-taking after a prep course.  Depending on the school you might not even have to average the two scores, some take the latest.  Why relegate yourself to a T4 which might cost you as much as a T1, if you can simply spend a little $$ and time and get a better LSAT score and improve your marketability?  The downside is perhaps waiting another year (although at this point I think that is happening at most schools anyway since recruitment for the fall is closed).

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 09:59:57 PM »
Your only hope is to inform the school in an addendum that you DIDN'T sleep at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.  Given that knowledge, the school will likely excuse your score.
pudding is delightful