Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: *** CONTRACTS WAS TODAY ***  (Read 2759 times)

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: *** CONTRACTS WAS TODAY ***
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 10:06:07 AM »
I don't have Property until Spring. Ask me again in May.

In about 4 hours I have a torts final. This one scares me, but I cannot wait for it to be done.

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 01:14:03 PM »
Were your tests open or closed book?

Contracts: Casebook, outline, notes on laptop...anything except commerical outlines or the internet
Crim Law: Same as contracts
Torts: Casebook, your own outline
Property: Casebook, handouts from him

I cannot wait to get the last two over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 12:32:51 AM »
I had open note, open book for Crim. Torts today was closed book. K on Friday will be the same. Then I'm done for the semester.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2004, 05:41:33 PM »
Duma....i could be wrong about this (so, anyone, feel free to argue)...but regarding the IRAC format...I think as long as you address the issues, rules, and your analysis/conclusion, it should suffice....meaning, i don't know how important it is to follow that exact order for every single issue....???

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2004, 06:11:26 PM »
boxergirl,

I agree. Following the format probably makes it easier to read (since they like to drill the format into everyone's head and profs are used to reading it that way), but I think that as long as you hit all of the major areas, you've pretty much covered what is needed. However, I have had several profs that don't care one way or the other whether you actually use the format. Many of them are just interested in making sure you understand the material and can apply it. I think it is safer to stick to IRAC (no reason to piss off a prof if you don't need to), but you mainly just need to make sure you have addressed everything that you need to. I'm so used to it by now that it just feels easier to do it that way.

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004, 12:25:09 AM »
Duma....i could be wrong about this (so, anyone, feel free to argue)...but regarding the IRAC format...I think as long as you address the issues, rules, and your analysis/conclusion, it should suffice....meaning, i don't know how important it is to follow that exact order for every single issue....???

Well, my schools really seems to emphasize the IRAC form. My torts prof even has it is his syllabus. I think it is safe to assume that he will not appreciate my departure from it. But, I thank you for trying to ease my mind.

I am comfortable with hitting all the issues. I think my discussion was subpar for my own expectations, but better then at least 10 other ppl. I don't know, but I think that I at least got a C, but might have had a B if I could have used the IRAC.

Well, really no point in thinking about it now. I just have to wait and see.