Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: *** CONTRACTS WAS TODAY ***  (Read 2764 times)

humperdink

• View Profile
Re: *** CONTRACTS WAS TODAY ***
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 04:20:27 PM »
I ran out of time near the end of the test and started throwing stuff down like crazy. Anyone have the same problem? Let's commiserate!

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 04:50:43 PM »
Blah... on the Torts midterm I was in the top 10% (top 5% for K). After the Torts final, I believe that I will be out of hte top 20%. I was writing for 2 hours before I realized that I had abandened the IRAC form. I don't know why.... uhg. Well, perhaps he will not take so much off for that... eh? Right now I am hoping that I got a C-.

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 06:53:48 PM »
For me, I finished my K exam early.  It sort of scared me, so I kept rereading the fact pattern and question, then started to panic and added cases and everything I could find in my notes (it was open notes exam) about the call of the question. 

On my torts (which will be this Tues), he gave us a mid-mid term, which was only worth 10% of our grade about a month ago just so we can get a feel for law exams.  I thought I did pretty good but ran out of time.  I ended up getting 79%.  The funny thing was, the first two issues were about battery, then assault, and I got 9/10, and 8/10.  The last two issues were the same thing, battery, and assault, and I only got 3/10, and 5/10.  Pissed me off.

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 04:21:37 PM »
You're better than most if you got done with time to spare.  My K exam was 4 questions, 4 hours. Nobody left early.  And I mean NOBODY.

I am thankful that I was able to get through all the question in time.  I was filling up blue books like crazy.  The last question he had on there was the curve breaker that I think hardly anybody finished, but I did the questions out of order so I was able to complete my answer for it, even though it was still an off the wall question. 

On to Property tomorrow...the grand mother of all 1L classes!
Burning Sands

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 06:31:59 PM »
Hey everyone!
I had Crim on Friday...2 down, 2 to go!

I have Torts on Tues and Property on Fri. 

Our Torts is about 70% Mult Choice...

Property is the only exam that we HAVE to hand write!  We'll see how that goes!

Hang in there everyone...we're almost to the finish line!!!

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 06:35:24 PM »
I ran out of time near the end of the test and started throwing stuff down like crazy. Anyone have the same problem? Let's commiserate!

I had that problem on my Civ Pro midterm (25% of grade) back in Oct.  I covered all issues pretty well (lots of checkmarks in the blue book)as they related to the main player, but didn't discuss a couple of minor players in the fact pattern due to running out of time.  By not discussing them, I got a C.  When professor reviewed the test in class, he flat out told us if we "blinked away" some parties, the best we could do was a C.

Lesson learned.  Discuss everyone in the fact pattern in some way.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 06:48:17 PM »
Were your tests open or closed book?
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Coregram

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 08:56:17 PM »
My two finals, Civ. Pro and Property, are both closed book.

Civ.Pro. is one full essay based on a fact pattern with Six page limit (2/3 of grade).  10 short (1 pargraph or so) answers about terms and how they relate to a second fact pattern (1/3 of grade.)  I have a three page "attack outline" of procedure that will be the frame of the essay; then I'll have to apply the facts to it.  Tomorrow night.

Property is two full essays based on fact patterns (each 1/3 of grade.)  Eight or so conveyences to decipher determining estate and interest, current and future, of all parties (1/3 of grade.)  I'll be using more of a LEEWs "blender" or "fruitcake" approach with conflict pairings for these essays.  Next Monday night.

All are hand written.

humperdink

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 09:57:34 PM »

I had that problem on my Civ Pro midterm (25% of grade) back in Oct.  I covered all issues pretty well (lots of checkmarks in the blue book)as they related to the main player, but didn't discuss a couple of minor players in the fact pattern due to running out of time.  By not discussing them, I got a C.  When professor reviewed the test in class, he flat out told us if we "blinked away" some parties, the best we could do was a C.

Lesson learned.  Discuss everyone in the fact pattern in some way.

Yeah, I'm already preparing myself for a C, maybe I'll get lucky an pull a B-. Our final had six questions in three hours, but the last two questions had three sections in each question. None of our practice exams had anything like that. Some other people said they also ran out of time, but I think we'll be the ones bringing up the rear when the grades come out. Sucks, because I knew the material.

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 12:18:28 AM »
i know this is a thread about Ks, but i just took my property exam on friday it was possible the hardest exam i have ever taken in my entire life. 75% of the exam was on future interests.....what crap is that? there was a whole section (25%) on the rule against perpituities. A WHOLE SECTION! On the prof's exam last year, an A was a 47.

anyone else have a horrific nightmare of a property exam?
check the footnotes ya'll