Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Studying  (Read 908 times)

Prolodoc

• View Profile
    • Email
Studying
« on: November 23, 2004, 10:12:41 PM »
I spend around 2 to 3 hours per evening outlining, briefing and just study in general.  Is this about normal?  Later, Prolodoc
I saw an adult one time.  I was not impressed.  I refuse to grow up!

kristin1644

• View Profile
Re: Studying
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 10:51:22 PM »
I spend AT LEAST that long on most nights.  My homework load can be anywhere from 3-7 hours (with 6-7 being more extreme and happening rarely...).  But I am also taking 16 hours in the quarter system, so I am much more time crunched than those on the semester system. 

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 10:53:58 PM »
I'm with kirstin. A lot of times I spend more than that in an evening. For my class with the most reading, torts, I'd spend several hours one day on the weekend trying to get the week's readings done. The readings for the other classes has been lighter, and one doesn't give the readings in advance.

Then, of course, it gets more fun when the memos are due...

So, if you're getting by on 2-3 hours...more power to ya!

Prolodoc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 11:14:15 PM »
Well, I had to cover volumes of information for my previous life ( anesthesia ) and that has helped some, but this type of studying is really very different.  With medicine, you apply rules, however they are not open for as much interpretation LOL.  Thanks for the replies.  Later, Prolodoc
I saw an adult one time.  I was not impressed.  I refuse to grow up!

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 11:33:12 PM »
I'm lucky if I can find 2-3 hours a day to work on school.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »
During the week, after class ends around...5-ish i grab a bit, chit chat for a minute with fellow classmates, then I'm usually in the library from 6 to midnight.  If I'm lucky, I get through the reading for 2 classes.

On the weekends, it will be typical for me to go in around 10am and stay until midnight. That's when I can usually get a little ahead in some of the readings or go back and read the concepts that I just went over in the E&E's or CrunchTime to make sure I'm getting it.

So you're not alone.  everybody I know puts in crazy hours.  The sad part is that even with all that, you still cannot cover every law, every case, every doctrine, etc. 

Burning Sands

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 07:52:26 PM »
jeffjoe...you might find more time if you weren't frolicking on LSD all the freakin' time!!!!