Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have applied to NSL  (Read 7810 times)

nslwantabe

• View Profile
I have applied to NSL
« on: November 22, 2004, 11:42:18 PM »
I have applied to NSL.  I have 2.6 gpa and a 150 on the LSAT.  Do you think I will get accepted.  Forty years old and wanting to join the fun at NSL.

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
Re: I have applied to NSL
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 12:18:38 AM »
It's worth a shot. My stats were better, but then I'm highly intelligent, just ask my classmates!
Seriously, from some of the questions that have been asked thus far in the semester, I should think you will be considered.
Do you have good refs?
PS, I do not feed trolls........ :P
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 01:42:53 PM »
The LSAT is good enough, but the GPA is low.  Good references might make the difference.

Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

nslwantabe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 10:15:32 PM »
Thanks for the information.  I hope to join you folks next year.  I just finished my undergraduate at night school at Trevecca and I am ready to dive in again.  Law school sounds more intense. I have been reading the on going problems with Vandy trolls.  It is good entertainment. I feel I will be better prepared for the law boot camp after reading the postings about NSL.  Go Nashville School of Law.  Two things Vandy and NSL have in common is a good education and neither one has a football team.  It is amazing how many people read these bulletin boards.  I

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 10:20:17 AM »
Good luck.  The school uses a mathematical formula based on LSAT score and GPA to figure out if you have the correct stats.  They explained it to me once, but I don't remember it.  Call them and they will tell you what it is.  That will let you know how close to the "line" you are. 
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 12:02:15 PM »
If you are interested, I would apply no matter what. The LSDAS GPA formula is complicated, but someone who has a higher GPA, but has taken a lot of classes over to get that high GPA will be penalized by the LSDAS formula, and their "new GPA" will be lower.

If you haven't taken many classes over, your new GPA will be similar to your old one.

I never took any classes over in undergraduate school, so my new GPA was within a few hundredths of a point of the one I already had.

But I would go ahead and apply.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 07:53:18 PM »
I don't think this NSLwantabe is for real. I think they are subtly mocking NSL.
Get with it kids!

nslwantabe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 10:24:55 AM »
My name is Douglas Baird Morgan and I have applied to NSL.  I hope to see you guys in the fall.  If I am not accepted in the fall I will post it on this board.  As my screen name says - nslwantabe.   

juneau17

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 11:57:33 AM »
I took the liberty of looking up the median LSAT for 2004 on their website.  It was only 147.  Essentially, if you have a pulse you are likely to be admitted.

Jeffin05NSL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 01:07:24 PM »
Totally classless and uncalled for.

Good luck Mr. Wannabe.