Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking Two Bar Exams  (Read 15247 times)

Luziana

• View Profile
Re: Taking Two Bar Exams
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »
Well, if you're from here, that's a bit different.  I could definitely see how Louisiana/Texas might be a useful combo for someone who wants to work with the oil industry.  And I agree that taking two bar exams relatively early would probably be easier than taking the second several years in the future.

Are you going to law school in Louisiana, I hope?  Because (speaking from personal experience) the LA bar exam is especially brutal if you go to school out of state.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Taking Two Bar Exams
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »
I'm just starting law school this fall. I will always want to keep options open to work in Louisiana, my home state. But I might have to move elsewhere to get involved in (for instance) the oil industry in Houston, or even New York or elsewhere. So it might be worth it to get the two bars out of the way when I'm fresh out of law school rather than waiting until a surprise move forces the one or the other onto me. Just some thoughts ... don't know the specifics at all ...

Anything with Louisiana would be harder because there won't be as much overlap between the states.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School