Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking Two Bar Exams  (Read 15579 times)

reverendlex

• View Profile
Re: Taking Two Bar Exams
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 11:01:14 AM »
it helped that the NJ bar is not too difficult.  the girl next to me in the NJ exam had just taken the Delaware exam (a three-day exam from Mon-Wed), so it could have been worse.

I took both PA and NJ and I have to say- NJ was much more straightforward than PA. That freakin' UCC/sale of defective bulldozer question I know I screwed up on.

dmitrik4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »
 :)  i hear you.  i totally made up an answer to the last part (about the effect of the merger on the buyer's claim).

NJ was definitely more straightforward, although the NJ contracts question was not much better..."discuss and analyze all possible issues."  blech.

thomasar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »
I am planning on taking both, Mass and NY. Where did you stay in Albany? Was it convenient to the exam location? Thank you so much!

drewnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 08:24:52 PM »
would taking the NY and CA be totally crazy?

dmitrik4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 12:11:21 PM »
i'm pretty sure the CA bar is Tues-Thurs, so the travel logistics aside, you won't be able to do it.  why would you do that anyway?

Kaur27

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 10:33:16 AM »
has anyone taken both the NY and NJ bar together? Any tips? suggestions? caveats?

lbrooke

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 11:48:12 PM »
I am thinking of taking the Mass. and VA bars.  Is there a good place to get the Mass. distinctions to study?  I am taking BarBri and PMBR in VA. 

BTMead

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »
lbrooke, I am also considering taking the VA and Mass bars.  Are you taking them this summer?

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 07:14:05 PM »
has anyone taken both the NY and NJ bar together? Any tips? suggestions? caveats?

I'm taking both NY and NJ also.  From what I hear, the NJ portion of the NJ Bar Exam is only on NJ civil procedure, with the rest being exclusively MBE topics.  This is good, cause NY is gonna be a female dog.
check the footnotes ya'll

Luziana

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 11:36:43 AM »
Louisiana's civil thang is interesting, but quite frankly, it's a brutal exam...  And it's completely different from any other state's exam.  It's the longest in the country, not given on consecutive days (it's a M-W-F), doesn't have an MBE portion, and it's possible to conditionally fail (actually, that is a nice feature of the LA exam).

I guess the question is why you'd want to take Louisiana and another state, and why you think it would be useful.  If it's not going to be useful, it's probably not worth it.