Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stress, Law School, and Illness  (Read 861 times)

joshdelight

• AOL Instant Messenger - nipchee
    • View Profile
Stress, Law School, and Illness
« on: November 04, 2004, 03:38:18 PM »
I just got back from the doctor... I have *shingles*! WTF? The doc says that high stress is a major contributing factor in reactivating the dormant virus. 

Any one else out there who has become ill from LS stress?
Wouldn't it be grand if our Department of Defense was not offensive?

JD_MSA

• View Profile
Re: Stress, Law School, and Illness
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 03:45:47 PM »
Three people in my Interviewing and Counseling class are convinced that they have ulcers. 

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 03:57:58 PM »
I am very close to a nervous melt down.  All the little things that used to just roll off are now MAJOR ISSUES.  EVERYTHING IS AN ISSUE. 
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 04:23:34 PM »
It's all relative.  When you think it's a major issue, just compare it to your relatives and it seems much smaller a problem.

I am very close to a nervous melt down.  All the little things that used to just roll off are now MAJOR ISSUES.  EVERYTHING IS AN ISSUE. 
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 05:00:17 PM »
Don't even get me STARTED on my relatives!!!!!  Sorry, I am having a very bad week. Started on Sunday with no time to study for my Property mid-term on Tuesday continued into a poor performcane on said mid-term, continues with a laundry list of issues.  But hey, at least I don't have to listen to anymore election projections or ads! ;D
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 05:08:30 PM »
Don't even get me STARTED on my relatives!!!!!  Sorry, I am having a very bad week. Started on Sunday with no time to study for my Property mid-term on Tuesday continued into a poor performcane on said mid-term, continues with a laundry list of issues.  But hey, at least I don't have to listen to anymore election projections or ads! ;D

No more ads, no more reports about who is speaking where and what they will say.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

egfmba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 05:36:33 PM »
Eeewww!  :o  I've had shingles.  Loads of fun.  My best wishes for your speedy recovery.

As for stress, one of the girls next to me has a stress relief lotion she applies to her temples when it gets rough.

I'm advocating Zanax dispensers in every room as exams approach.  Don't know if this would do anything for your shingles, though.

Again, my deepest condolences (for the temporary loss of a relatively pain-free body).   :(
We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible. - Allan Massie

joshdelight

• AOL Instant Messenger - nipchee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 07:39:29 AM »
Thanks... I'll need it.  Hopefully these new fangled drugs will make it not last.

Xanax dispensers! Now THERE'S an idea worth figuring out.  Hell, if they work well enough to let the First Lady deal with her reality, they'll work for anyone.

Do you have a papercut? Xanax to the rescue! Do you have a contracts fact pattern that just won't fit the rules? Xanax can help.  Do you have a husband bent on ushering in the dark horsemen of the apocalypse? Forget about it with Xanax!

Interestingly enough, it appears that there are so many stressed people out there that the ALCU reported a MASSIVE spike in online donations over the past two days.

Wouldn't it be grand if our Department of Defense was not offensive?