Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HELP ME!  (Read 3279 times)

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ME!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 04:34:42 PM »
Jeffjoe, how long is the BarBri outline?  When you signed up for the review course did you have to wait for them to mail it to you or did your student rep. have them on hand to pass out?

It's in book form.  It's their 1L study guide that you get if you sign up for barbri bar exam prep class in the first year.  The book has outlines for the standard 1L courses.  It's at home so I can't tell you how long it is.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 05:51:04 PM »
If we signed up for Barbri now, in our first name, how much of the cost would we have to put down now, in order to get the book?

SLJ0720

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 05:59:13 PM »
$100 at my school, but I don't know whether the book would be handed out at that time or mailed.  Hopefully it isn't mailed.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 10:17:53 AM »
We had to put down $50.   :D

I looked at the book last night.  The contracts outline is 97 pages and the torts outline is 100 pages.

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 12:33:48 PM »
We had to put down $50.   :D

I looked at the book last night.  The contracts outline is 97 pages and the torts outline is 100 pages.

If I were you JeffJoe, I would not read the BARBRI review book cover to cover.  The outlines are so long b/c they cover EVERYTHING in EVERY subject.  A lot of the stuff in the book we did not cover in class.  This is how I use the book.  I get out my class notes, a commercial outline specific for that course and the BARBRI review.  I then start working on my own outline.  Whenever I get stuck on something that we went over in class, I refer to the BARBRI review's explanation and the specific commerical outline (Gilbert for Property).  After referring to 3 different sources, I put things into my own words (b/c I understand it at that point) and then add it to my outline.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 01:12:52 PM »
I'm letting storelaw do most of the work in building my outlines at this point.  I suspect I won't be reading the barbri outlines.  No time.

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 10:50:31 AM »
I'd definitely ask the prof, if you haven't by now.

My classes:
Ks - UCC for goods; CL for services. Hybrid Ks, depends on which test you apply.

Crim - CL and MPC

Torts - CL, mostly.