Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: There's Not Enough Time!!!!  (Read 912 times)

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
There's Not Enough Time!!!!
« on: November 01, 2004, 10:28:32 PM »
ok...as i'm sure most of you on here (except JJ, b/c he SPENDS most of his time on here) can relate...just keeping up with all the reading for each class plus the Legal Research and Writing course assignments ...and then on top of that, developing your course outline...is all extremely time consuming...I know that I am reading 7 days a week...pretty much from morning til bedtime on weekdays...and about 6-8 hours each day on saturdays and sundays...
so...my question is...
how the hell do you find the time to dive into all of the supplemental stuff...like canned outlines, Barbri outlines, hornbooks, ...all that other stuff...i just can't seem to find the time to do all the supplemental stuff....maybe i spend too much time reading every single case that is assigned??  but if i don't read them, it's inevitable that those will be the times i'm called on in class....argh...
anybody feelin' me??

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: There's Not Enough Time!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 10:45:39 PM »
I pretty much got the same feeling during my first semester of 1L. It was pretty much enough for me to keep up on the reading, do my briefs and try to outline. So, I took one or two weekends and got about a week or two ahead in all of my classes (yes, I was close to throwing up/plagued with migranes by the time it was over). It was a pain, but it helped. Once I had that done, I just read for the class assignments during the week and used weekends to outline, read supplements, etc. It also helped me so that I had an extra week or so before finals so that I could just study instead of worrying about finishing outlines or finding time to do the practice exams. After that semester, I tried to start off the semester ahead and just tried to stay that way. If you can find a way to get it done, you will find that you have more time.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 11:01:25 PM »
Thanks, LawGirl.

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 11:53:25 PM »
My Tort's prof said law school is "relentless". I think that is the most fitting adjective.
I wish there was something I could plug in to my brain so that I could stop doing all the reading.
Even if you had time for the supplemental, how do you know which is best?
I'm with you on this one!
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »
There is not enough time.  If I could read supplemental stuff at work instead of sitting on LSD, there would be time, but my bosses might not like it if I spread a bunch o' law books on my desk at work.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +