Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone believe 1L Lawgirl????  (Read 1609 times)

michigan

• View Profile
Does anyone believe 1L Lawgirl????
« on: October 31, 2004, 12:50:03 PM »
Okay I believe this girl when she says she went to Cooley.  But I DON'T believe that she transferred to a TIER 1 school.  How come she's so secretive about telling us what school it is???  I mean we don't fucken know her.  What is she afraid that we're gonna come and chase her down. 

I just don't believe her.  I really think she still goes to Cooley.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone believe 1L Lawgirl????
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 12:53:23 PM »
I don't care where she goes to school.  She seems to know what she's talking about and is very willing to help others.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 01:31:23 PM »
Yes, I went to Cooley. Yes, I transferred out. And, yes, I transferred to a Tier 1 school. I was at the top of my class, had very good recs and a very good work history. I met personally with the admissions people for my new school and fought to get in. I won't apologize for doing everything I had to do to get into a better school. I haven't named the school because frankly, I would prefer to retain my anonymity at my new school (I really don't relish everyone knowing I attended Cooley). I worked hard to transfer out and if you don't believe it, that is your problem.

coloroflaw.org

• View Profile
    • The color of law
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 02:20:34 PM »
She makes a very good case for retaining her anonymity.  I can't imagine there are that many transfers at her new school.  Congrats on making it happen for yourself, Lawgirl!

Yes, I went to Cooley. Yes, I transferred out. And, yes, I transferred to a Tier 1 school. I was at the top of my class, had very good recs and a very good work history. I met personally with the admissions people for my new school and fought to get in. I won't apologize for doing everything I had to do to get into a better school. I haven't named the school because frankly, I would prefer to retain my anonymity at my new school (I really don't relish everyone knowing I attended Cooley). I worked hard to transfer out and if you don't believe it, that is your problem.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 03:13:43 PM »
Thanks for the congrats! That was very nice of you. I am still in awe every time I walk through the doors at my new school and I am grateful that they gave me the chance to prove myself.

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 05:05:47 PM »
I think it's funny how everytime someone mentions Cooley it's for one of three reasons, all of which make me laugh:

1. Person X goes to Cooley, thinks it is the best school ever, has delusions that they will be getting hired over Harvard or Yale grades because Cooley is a "hard" school

2. Person X goes to Cooley, works hard to transfer out and then tries to camoflage their Cooley past

3. Person X ridicules Cooley and calls it T.T.T.

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 12:36:31 AM »
Okay I believe this girl when she says she went to Cooley.  But I DON'T believe that she transferred to a TIER 1 school.  How come she's so secretive about telling us what school it is???  I mean we don't f**cken know her.  What is she afraid that we're gonna come and chase her down. 

I just don't believe her.  I really think she still goes to Cooley.

I only listen to people who go to Cooley or online schools.