Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Univeristy of London???  (Read 2577 times)

michigan

• View Profile
Univeristy of London???
« on: October 31, 2004, 12:45:47 PM »
Is it true that you can get an education from them at home??  All you have to do is buy their books (around $5,000) and then study on you own?

Interesting way to get a law degree.

des82368

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Univeristy of London???
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 11:12:39 PM »
Unfortunatly it's not that easy. I would suggest that you review their website which explains in deatil what must be done to obtain the UoL degree. It is quite similar to the American law schools in that your first year or two depending on the program, consist of seven foundations of law. Torts, contracts or obligations as we call them, public law, etc. You still must brief cases and as a matter of fact it is quite rigorous. 70% of all UoL students who study from a distiance fail. About 40% on campus fair poorly enough to be placed on academic probation or dismissed from the program. It is in fact a very prestigious degree and I can only hope that if you're interested in pursuing the program, you put more research into your endevour than  you did in your question.

Sincerely,

DES

agntpn0y07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »
I'm interested in this program, I've already requested a viewbook.  I know it's not going to be easy especially b/c it's at distance, you're pretty much on your own, but U of London degree automatically catches my attention.  I wonder how this degree will be viewed tho by the global legal community, especially in London.  Highly I hope, afterall, it is U of London.

DES, I already have a BS in geography from UNC-Wilmington, is admission easier into the U of London LLB external programme if you already have an undergrad degree?  What are my chances?  My GPA is not stellar, 2.7.  Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »
There is an extremely fine group of students at Consilio who could answer questions about uni at London.      :-)  The main difference of UK law schools is the requirement to pass all current courses of a module or resitting all of them.

http://www.spr-consilio.com/vbulletin/upload/index.php?
"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

agntpn0y07

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 03:58:24 AM »
Ay, thanks for that.  Checking it out now.