Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Barbri outlines  (Read 7750 times)

Burning Sands

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Barbri outlines
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 01:43:54 AM »
I'm a BarBri rep at my school as well so I won't try to sell you on the Barbri stuff, but I will say that as a 1L you wanna get your hands on everything possible.  Barbri has a nice big ass book of review material that they give to the 1L's who sign up that you can use to study for all your finals.  Its been pretty helpful so far and like I said, I would recommend to any 1L to use every resource available to stay above the curve.  Why wouldn't you is the question?
Burning Sands

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 10:58:23 AM »
I was having some trouble with consideration and looked at the barbri outline for contracts.  That helped.

I'm a BarBri rep at my school as well so I won't try to sell you on the Barbri stuff, but I will say that as a 1L you wanna get your hands on everything possible.  Barbri has a nice big ass book of review material that they give to the 1L's who sign up that you can use to study for all your finals.  Its been pretty helpful so far and like I said, I would recommend to any 1L to use every resource available to stay above the curve.  Why wouldn't you is the question?
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 10:59:04 AM »
I have the Barbri books, Emmanuel, Examples and Explanations, FlashLaw Flashcards.....
I do not know how I am possibly going to have the time to do a satisfactory review! It is hard enough just keeping up the the reading.
At our school we are not given a reading period! We go from class one week to midterm the next. Our Torts exam is December 23 and our Contracts is January 3!
YIKES!
Susan :-[
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 02:17:24 PM »
You study for contracts over Christmas break.  Hope you didn't think you were actually going to get a holiday! ::)
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 02:37:19 PM »
You study for contracts over Christmas break.  Hope you didn't think you were actually going to get a holiday! ::)

I wouldn't want to prepare for torts and contracts at the same time.

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 03:19:49 PM »
You get that joy in May   ;D
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 03:56:24 PM »
You get that joy in May   ;D

By then I will be a legal genius.

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 10:16:36 PM »
I still don't understand why we can't miss one week of classes to prepare for exams. I mean, I'd be willing to go a week longer to get that study time.
Sometimes it seems like they are all just SADISTS!  :-*
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 10:14:34 AM »
My guess it they figure the hard paced craziness will cull out those who don't really want it.  I've got two mid-terms in December, back to back, not even a day in between them!  You do get a couple of weeks in May between the last class and finals.  But the bad news is you have two finals a week for two weeks in a row. 

Vindigo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2004, 09:29:54 PM »
Dang edythec, thats a pretty hardcore sched.! I myself begin eams On dec 7 and have my last one on the 20th, so I have at least two days in between each, and I have a few weekends as well.....