Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: environmental/natural resources llm  (Read 1755 times)

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
environmental/natural resources llm
« on: October 16, 2004, 02:06:52 PM »
Hi, I am a foreign nat. resources lawyer working in the UK. I'm looking for some help with the following questions:
How well is the denver llm in nat resources and environmental regarded in the US/internationally?
Anyone know someone who has been accepted into this course/or is at denver law school?
How tough is it to get into compared with other similar llm programmes, eg Tulane, Lewis and Clark, U. of Houston, or Vermont?
I'm looking to enroll in an llm to start in August 2005, but can't seem to find much info on these programmes. I'd be grateful for any advice or useful links.
cheers
Slim
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

Lord Hee Haw

• View Profile
Re: environmental/natural resources llm
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 01:09:48 AM »
If you are in England, I would recommend that you consider the LLM at the University College London.  There is a rather good environmental programme with subjects from International Law of Natural Resources to European Community Environmental Law.  I am sure that if you chose that option it would be more fun that going to Denver.  The international recognition of a University of London LLM is also much greater.  While I have nothing against American degrees, I may venture to say you are better off at UCL
I believe there are two Canadians teaching Nat Res at UCL : Cathrine Redgwell and Robert Volterra, both very well educated persons.  You would also have Philippe Sands QC and Richard Macory...

Hope that helped

Lord Hee Haw

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: environmental/natural resources llm
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 06:27:54 AM »
thanks. my preference is to study in the states. having lived in london for a few years now, the chance to study somewhere else is appealing. in applying to american llm courses,can relevant career experience  offset less than stellar law achool grades?
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.