Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reputation Experiment  (Read 3450 times)

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
Re: Reputation Experiment
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004, 04:59:53 AM »
What about the one word reply thread.  If that keeps gooing, and it doesn't seem like it's going to stop (for reasons I'll never understand), anybody could jump in and have 50 posts
in less than 5 minutes.  Just a thought.  Me likes the no change moniker name either...childish, and useless.  Who would you really be pissing off?
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

egfmba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2004, 09:54:30 AM »
Sadly, I have lost my ability to effect change here... ;)

I like the safeguards, miss my ability to commend folks (I don't know who the trolls are really...I just don't pay enough attention, dammit!!), and hope the whole thing goes well.  Like I said, I like positive reinforcement.

I also like that everyone's reps seem to have come back into line (instead of the -7 I saw on J.J.'s moniker) with pre-troll activity.

Otherwise, commend/defame on!

I may be a bit more active, now, in an attempt to regain my ability to vote, but I promise to do so in a helpful, constructive manner.  Scouts honor (though I'm not a boy and I've never been a scout, so that may be a bit unreliable ;D).
We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible. - Allan Massie

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2004, 02:17:25 PM »
Unfortunately I think the commending may turn into a popularity contest... Also, what about the people who should have been commended for their help over the year? (Like me and others)
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2004, 03:50:05 PM »
What about leaving the one hour time period to defame/commend but you have to give up a tally from the # of posts for the # of defame/commend.  Or maybe have a 3rd tally equivalent to the # of posts so when you subtract from it, the # of posts still stays true to the #.

Okay - so if we increase the posts needed to being voting (say 100?) and increase the time between votes (say 3 hours?) we should have a pretty good system.

There will be lots of unjust defaming and commending, but these are matters of opinion.  Someone that really hates me might log in every 3 hours to defame me, but someone that likes me can do the same.  Over time a reputation will develop.  We're working with small numbers right now so it's easy to move things in one direction or another.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2004, 04:39:12 PM »
I think it is a good idea. I haven't seen a lot of trolling on this side of the board, but it hopefully would discourage that and encourage people to help others.

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2004, 11:13:03 PM »
How do you add/subtract from reputations?

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2005, 05:37:21 PM »
Wow - I had no idea this was the case "on this side" of the board. 

How is the system working out?

LibertyBell

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2005, 12:27:01 AM »
Unfortunately I think the commending may turn into a popularity contest... Also, what about the people who should have been commended for their help over the year? (Like me and others)

Are we sure that old posts aren't now rendedered with the buttons on there?  In other words, if you were helpful in old posts aren't you still eligible by new readers?

One thing that I havne't noticed mentioned is the ability to ignore readers under a certain reputation.  For example, what if I want to ignore posters with a rep of -8 and under.  Is this possible?

shurst

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2005, 10:06:09 PM »
My first post to this board. I've been "lurking" for some time and enjoying several discussions. Just trying to get a feel for how this operates  ;D ! HELLO LSD!!!!!!!!!