Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who is going to apply for this year ?  (Read 5207 times)

forum

• View Profile
Re: Who is goint to apply for this year ?
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 06:21:22 AM »
Hi there,

To answer your questions:

1. Ivy League Schools will not accept students who already have an LLM.
2. Harvard does not accept students who are not in the top 5% of their class
3. You do not need to sit the LSAT if you are from a foreign common law university.

Rey

• View Profile
Re: Who is going to apply for this year ?
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 07:01:45 AM »
Thanks for your answers.

I have already applied (deadline was dec. 15).
We'll see what happens...

Is somebody else applying for a LLM (2005-2006) ?

Bye !

Chris

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 11:15:55 PM »
Hi:

This is my first time in this board. Nice to know you all.

I am also applying for an LL.M. program in this 2005 - 2006 and have already submitted my applications since November 2004. My profile is not such a perfect one. I obtain a LL.B with second class honor. My Toefl is about 260 and I have 3 years experience in a branch of an international law firm in my home country.   

There are six schools that I applied which are Harvard, Cornell, UPenn, Michigan, Northwestern and Georgetown. I already got accepted by Georgetown (early action) in December 2004 and still look forward to hearing from the others.

Has anybody applied the same school as me? Do you hear anything from those admission committee yet? I am now awaiting the results day after day with concerns.

I would appreciate it very much if you guys share any information about the status of your applications or any news from law schools you applied.

For Ray and those applying for the LL.M. program, good luck for your applications. Hope to be one classmate of yours.

Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 06:35:44 PM »
Hi Chris,

I have applied to Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, and Stanford.
I have received notifications from the first four saying that they received my application... but that's it for now !
Just like you, I am counting the days to get a reply.
I will try to keep you posted when I receive something.

Good luck to you !

Chris

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2005, 11:47:40 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Ray!

I also got confirmations of my applications status from all remaining schools, except for Harvard!!! My application for HLS was sent to the admission committee right before its deadline, but I still get nothing in return. I understand from their website that they will send each applicant a postcard to confirm completion of his/her application and the second one will be served once the decision is made. No email or phone call to check the status of application is allowed. So Ray, what kind of notification did you receive?

Considering your list of schools, I found only one of your choices matching mine. Therefore, hope to see u there at HLS.

Chris

Rey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 03:24:31 PM »
HI Chris,

My HLS notification is indeed a yellow postcard.
The stamp on it is dated Nov 30 04.
I had to include self addressed labels in my application. If you did not, this might be the reason why they did not send you a postcard...

I think that they send the official reply by mid april...

This application process is just so stressful !
I think about it almost every day : will I receive some financial support, will I get accepted ... !

I wish you good luck and a quick answer !