Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LEEWS  (Read 5735 times)

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LEEWS
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 11:33:43 AM »
Yeah, I listened to it during my commute as well.  I figure it can't hurt.  And I think even the little bit that I learned from it helped me.  I just listened, didn't do the actual written exercises.
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 01:36:36 PM »
For those interested, LEEWS has pushed the CD delivery dates further into the future.  They are saying early November for those who have already placed orders.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

Vindigo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 01:42:58 PM »
Blast! At least I have the primer now!  :P
Really love how you have to go to the web site for that info, but Wentworth had no problem calling me personally when my Credit Card did not go through first time. lol.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 01:44:11 PM »
Blast! At least I have the primer now!  :P
Really love how you have to go to the web site for that info, but Wentworth had no problem calling me personally when my Credit Card did not go through first time. lol.

I'm still waiting for the primer to arrive.  How long did it take for yours to arrive?

Vindigo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 01:53:25 PM »
Once my payment was accepted, maybe 4 days, I am in ny, they shipped from penn. I believe.  A word of advice/caution, if you relied solely on an ONLINE purchase, and did not complete any   of your order over the phone. CALL IMMEDIATELY AND CONFIM THEY HAVE YOUR ORDER. (not yelling, just emphasizing urgency here)
I say this because I had ordered a while back strictoly over the web site and did not recieve anything for a long time. I also did not see any billing activity but I was supposed to be billed immediately and the primer shipped asap.  Well, when I called (actually left a message) I was informed that they had no record of my order and that I should reorder.  Suffice to say that I re-ordered over the phone and recieved the primer very quickly.
So if you ordered strictly via the website, I would give them a call to see if they have you down, even if you have already been billed. If you have not been billed, you likely will have to reorder.

*phew* longer post than I expected, my physical conditioning is not what it once was......

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 01:55:44 PM »
I better call then.  Thanks for the info.

Vindigo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 01:57:58 PM »
No prob. ;D, Don't want to panic you, just figured better safe than sorry!
best
V

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2004, 02:04:09 PM »
December 23rd I will have my first real law essay exam.  I'm already panicked.

Vindigo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 02:09:18 PM »
We started early, so my eams run from the 7th to the 20th of Dec. The bonus is that I am done and can enjoy mas and new years!  I had a practice eam in Contracts and Civ pro, and they were definitely helpful. Main thing was that they completely and totally emphasized the need for organization and efficiency. I know this seems etremely obvious, but I had looked at numerous eams (not answering just perusing) I am up to date in my work etc, and they were still a smack in the face.  If you have not had any practice eams I definitely reccomend taking some on you r own under timed conditions.  I HOPE that I purged a fair amount of my aniety during the practice eams, b/c the first time I got stumped, I fell apart! lol! Sweating, the "fact dump" of everything I had learned, total writer block, wanting to leave, I mean tet book "don't do this" behavior that is cited during orientation. Oh well, live an dlearn, lol.

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 02:13:45 PM »
Our profs talked about the need to organize the information or else we are dooooooomed.
Torts prof (mid-term dec 23) says start studying for the exam now.

A coupla of us went to the library where they keep the old exams........  only one of the first year subject teachers has old exams at the library.  Contracts. 

And such is law school.  C'est la ecole de loi.