Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JJ and Susan  (Read 6149 times)

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
Re: JJ and Susan
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2005, 11:09:03 PM »
Joan and Arc

Leopold and Loeb

Rogers and Hammerstein

Laurel and Hardy
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

Carbolic

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2005, 12:02:45 AM »
what's all the hubbub bub?  as a newbie I gotta wonder about reply #44.  deep and disturbed.  issues aplenty.  are you saying youre gonna down the teachers and students whenever you get the chance?  everbodys trying to make it the same way.  crying & bitching & whining about a teacher has never worked at any school.  dont ruin it for all of us.

anyway you gotta like mr lewis.  the man is fair and i actually GET IT.

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2005, 09:38:46 AM »
carbolic,
see all posts relating to this matter........
I do love Lewis, he doesn't pull any punches.....

I think there is a difference in "crying bitching and whining" and having a legitimate complaint. I also don't think it is right for a fellow student to insult a classmate anonymously.
I don't "down" students in "secret". If I have something to say I will let you know to you face, privately. Just as I have done with the faculty and administration.

Most of us around here have a sense of humor. Hope you do too.

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2005, 09:58:35 AM »
Carbolic,

Actually, bitching and whining about teachers works all the time. Schools listen to students' complaints seriously, and students are important to getting rid of bad teachers. That is how it works.

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2005, 11:58:23 AM »
I concur!
I think people come on this board and get upset because we are like the "old timers" and the newbies just don't get it.
I remember when I first started chatting on the internet it was suggested you lurk for at least a week before you posted.....
I would assume the 3 who aren't griping are the few who are doing really well, possibly for some reason....like, say they teach legal writing at a community college or they are already a paralegal....wonder how they would feel if they were getting Cs or Ds with no explanation.....hmmmmmmm
 8)

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2005, 10:36:15 AM »
Where is this thread that has started this thread? Come now... share with duma. :)

Slyone

• Holmesboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2005, 12:35:43 PM »
That's the biggest mystery Duma. The thread is no longer available. This is why I'm assuming n2dlaw may be the same troll that was formerly known as Vandy1L and nls4life......This person knows what the original thread discussed.
I don't see them posting any more....
Wonder who got it moved to the hate board?
The original thread was really no big deal. Just typical law student kvetching about an atypical writing prof......

quote author=duma link=topic=859.msg8058#msg8058 date=1105112175]
Where is this thread that has started this thread? Come now... share with duma. :)
If there is any principle of the Constitution that more imperatively calls for attachment than any other it is the principle of free thought, not free thought for those who agree with us but freedom for the thought that we hate.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2005, 12:37:46 PM »
That's the biggest mystery Duma. The thread is no longer available. This is why I'm assuming n2dlaw may be the same troll that was formerly known as Vandy1L and nls4life......This person knows what the original thread discussed.
I don't see them posting any more....
Wonder who got it moved to the hate board?
The original thread was really no big deal. Just typical law student kvetching about an atypical writing prof......

quote author=duma link=topic=859.msg8058#msg8058 date=1105112175]

So the thread has been deleted from all the forums? There are only two ways to do that, either done be a person with moderator powers, or the original poster (and that is only if this board permits the poster to remove their thread).