Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JJ and Susan  (Read 6116 times)

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
JJ and Susan
« on: September 27, 2004, 02:32:40 PM »
are you two planning on apologizing to Hogan? I hear a compilation of your greatest posts is making the rounds amongst the faculty and administration. might be time to do some damage control.

n2dlaw

• View Profile
Re: JJ and Susan (Dicta)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 07:03:03 AM »
Heard about the posts though the rumour mill and had to see for myself.

First, you've got 'jeffjoe' and 'dicta' (Susan) downing someone for being anonymous - I don't see your email addresses posted anywhere.  Time to pony up or shut up.

Second, before you start reeling over the virtues of having judges and justices teaching and ensuing networking, remember, networking works BOTH ways.  Don't you think Ms. Hogan has friends in the business?  It's not hard to get an idea of who you are by your mannerisms and other details that you let slip out in other threads.  If you have a problem with something she is covering, you should go to Ms. Hogan and work it out.

Moreover, if you bothered to show up for the introduction at the beginning of the school year by Caeser (2L), he emphatically implied not to down the professors - for good reason.  Just as the guest speakers in Contracts said (if you bothered to show up), the teachers are by no means making a mint and are here on pretty much their own accord to help us out.

Just so you know, the controversy you have created only makes it worse for everyone.  What do you do at your jobs - do you just start squalling and crying when you don't want to do anything?  With all of the time and typing you have spent posting, you probably could have been done with your appellate brief by now.

You should be happy you're at NSOL.  By the way, it would be nice if 'jeffjoe' could lay off the ad-libbing and bad jokes for at least one class - how about giving us all a break?

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: JJ and Susan
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 09:22:51 PM »
N2dlaw,

What do you do for a living besides work as Hogan's PR agent? Why do you care if they down Hogan or not? Your comments seem childish. You seem to have some issues......

Quite frankly, I would think as a budding lawyer, you would understand the importance of dissent and people having their own opinion. Do you know anything about professional schools? In professional schools, students are treated as adults, and negative comments about professors are treated seriously for the purposes of evaluating teachers. Yes, we give them their grades in this regard.

You obviously don't know that many people have tried to talk with Hogan about the many issues surrounding her class and have been more or less dismissed by her. There is nothing on this board that hasn't been told to her face. So don't cry for her, she is an adult and is choosing to do the things she is doing. Do you also realize that you are in the vast minority in defending her? Most people can't stand her class and really don't like her either.

The bottom line is that she is not educating us very well. And that is the crime.....

And yes, they are teaching for a song, but that doesn't mean we should put up with subpar teaching because of this. They are not teaching for the money. But the bad ones need to be weeded out. Hogan is smart, but she is a bad teacher.

Joy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 09:45:35 PM »
Oh, to have a class without the forced jokes and comments by JJ.  One comment might be funny, but do you have to comment on every little thing in class? ???  Law school is not the time to be the class clown.  We know you are there.  Every now and then, you make a really good point, but it gets overshadowed by all of the "wanna-be cute" comments.  Do you think a judge would put up with them?  Real Law is not like the court TV shows.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about Professor Hogan, she is the one with JD behind her name.  She is where YOU want to be.

Oh horror!  The flames that will follow this post.

n2dlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 01:09:48 AM »
First, thank you Joy - whoever you may be. :D

Susan/Dicta - I guess now it doesn't matter what reparations you've made - now EVERYBODY gets to look forward to the 'attitude' and pop quiz from Ms. Hogan.  If your comments on this board can elicit me to 'register' and reply to a bulletin board, that should tell you how pervasive the comments on this board have traveled around NSOL.

lawgroupie - Sorry, but you, as well as everyone else at NSOL, have MANY years to go before being considered a 'budding lawyer.'  By the way, since you already graduated from college, let me guess - every professor there fit your 'template of perfection.'  Right?  NOT! Here's a hint: Same situation, different school.  Get over it.

Better yet, go take Legal Writing at Vanderbilt, Memphis, or UT since you feel so deprived.

All-in-all - it's almost laughable - you can't write a five-page memo??  I guess they don't have English 101 at Phoenix University.  We probably need to start a fund to buy all of the cheese we can to go with the 'whine.'

Joy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 07:17:47 AM »
Where is Professor Hogan?  Well, she is in a position (with JD behind her name) to practice law and/or teach at a law school.  Come to think of it, there are a lot of things she can do with a law degree. :P  If you didn't want to be in her position (meaning = professional mobility), you wouldn't be attending law school. :o

Yeah, you wish you could be "where" she is.  Attending law school and graduating from law school are TWO SEPARATE EVENTS!  Like it or not,  Professor Hogan has "made the cut", she has a law degree. ;D

I am sure that the upper level professors are quietly "making notes" about the posts on this board.  Wonder what their attitudes about this year's first-year class will be next year?  Wonder what they think about the ability of these students to become attorneys. :-\

One more thing, having a discussion thread for NSL students was (and still is) a good idea.  However, this is a public discussion board and is not the personal domain of anyone.  It is not a blog for students to register every little "whine" they have about a "difficult" professor.  Nor is it a place for students to post every insignificant "thought" that passes through their "thin brains". :-* 

The "word on the street" is that a lot of NSL students are scared to post on this board for fear they will be "connected" to the whiners.  Those of you who "think" you are not being taught in Professor Hogan's class, think about this -- if you took some of the time you spend "blogging" on this board and applied it to your studies, you might feel differently about her class.  Oh, that's right . . . some of you "whine" on this board while you are at work.  People make a "big deal" about copies of these posts circulating among the NSL professors.  Maybe a copy of these posts (and the times they are made) should be sent to the Tennessee congressional delegation so they can see what the taxpayers are getting for their money. >:(

At least n2dlaw understands.  The others are too busy whining to "get it".  Hmm . . . I have a sudden craving for a slice of gouda.

Oh, the flames! ;D

Joy

n2dlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 08:43:11 AM »
Again, thank you Joy. :D

Anyway, here's something to stir your imagination - there are eight posts in this thread and a present, over 300 viewings in just a day.

Who do you think is looking at this?

Flame on . . . .

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 12:20:18 PM »
by the way you might want to check out when this thread began. And how many viewings there have been since then. This goes waaaaaaay back. I don't think there have been 300 viewings in one day....
By the way, you know my name but I don't know yours or Joy's (last name). Who is anonymous?

quote author=n2dlaw link=topic=859.msg7644#msg7644 date=1104414191]
Again, thank you Joy. :D

Anyway, here's something to stir your imagination - there are eight posts in this thread and a present, over 300 viewings in just a day.

Who do you think is looking at this?

Flame on . . . .
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 12:31:36 PM »
Joy and N2dlaw,

LOL, LOL, LOL...laughing goes on for pages. You guys are too much.
I guess you girls think that everything is hunky dorey! Good for you! Shows you how much you know and how much you expect. Not much, I guess. Me, I feel we got screwed this year, but I would like to think that next year's class will have better. That is called "being engaged in your education." Professional students feel (or should feel) an active engagement to make their school better. Can you understand that?

But with a name like n2dlaw, you would probably need some more "plain English assignments" to get the point. hee hee hee hee heee

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »
I think I just saw it go back into its hole. I'm done with this one.
Needed to blow off some midterms steam....
How are you coping? At times I am fine and at others I feel like I am in a pressure cooker!
Just get the d*amn things over!

Step away from the troll!
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)